Sarnia Sting 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Definitely. Once Franceschetti returns I'm not sure how he enters the lineup again barring a number of injuries. Would prefer he be sent to the legionnaires or Strathroy but clearly not what they are doing as of now.

Wouldn't be surprised if at some point he's released & goes to the QMJHL like lominac. He could've gone that route his draft yr. That league will be better for him.

Reactions: JAMER

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Believe @stingwagoner mentioned it that he was assigned to Collingwood. Mixed feelings on it. Honestly thought he was giving them solid minutes, but I absolutely hate carrying 8D & it isn't fair to the players because that's 2D sitting most nights.

Him being 18 while Andersen is 17 & plays a more chippy style probably is another reason why it's Omeri sent down & not Andersen.

For him to be sent down also tells you they probably went around the league (just like with Chartier) & nobody showed interest.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
See if the boys can sweep the northern trip! Can't remember them doing it to often so it would be great to see.

Do worry about a little fatigue. A lot of travel. Flu bug been going thru the team all week as well.

Soo have also found their game now & have won 3of4. So gonna be a tough one as it always is in the Soo.

stingwagoner

Dec 31, 2023
Maybe little brotherly bonding will help them have bit more fight for each other. Sometimes just takes that little bit for a teammate to fight through a 3 in 4 road trip final game
Love the travel early in season that tends to help boys bond. Long season so I think 2 of 3 is a really successful northern swing but think they take all 3.
With a really tough 3 games next week love to see the sweep. Get alot of momentum heading into that. Surzycia should go today as he is rested and ready.

Yes, Omeri re-assigned to JR A with Collingwood, don't think they want to cut him loose entirely as an injury to bodin/young or Barr would put him right back in the mix.
Looks like a bit of a safety net for DS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad