Sanderson VS Power

Jake vs Owen

• Sanderson

• Power

Results are only viewable after voting.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
I'm just not sure what Power is actually better at than Sanderson though. Sanderson is a very complete player, he does pretty much everything at a high level. He looks like he's taken a big step forward offensively this year now, multiple times a game the offense will run through him and his shot looks like it's gotten a lot faster this year too.
Like I said previously, Power isn’t even better at being 6 foot 6 as Sanderson.

Sanderson uses his reach, size, and body more efficiently than Power. Watch the way he breaks up plays.

• Haha
Reactions: Bileur

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I'm just not sure what Power is actually better at than Sanderson though. Sanderson is a very complete player, he does pretty much everything at a high level. He looks like he's taken a big step forward offensively this year now, multiple times a game the offense will run through him and his shot looks like it's gotten a lot faster this year too.
Passing is a big and obvious one

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Passing is a big and obvious one
How are you coming up with this? Just a subjective view based on watching every game of Power and Sanderson?

What about Sanderson's 6 assists so far to Power's 1, despite the latter having played two more games?

Reactions: Sens9292

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
How are you coming up with this? Just a subjective view based on watching every game of Power and Sanderson?

What about Sanderson's 6 assists so far to Power's 1, despite the latter having played two more games?
I'm basing it on Power being in contention for best 1st pass in the entire league.

Sanderson has 5 PP points, 0 at 5on5
Power has 0 PP points, 3 at 5on5

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
These were replying to 2 different points being made.

here's your stat btw
Appreciate the inclusion of numbers here - interesting to note that while he has the highest percentage, he's not even considered in the top 5 in the player poll.

I think "best passer" would be an incredibly difficult attribute to measure, especially when one is not putting up assists.

Of those 3 EV points, only one is an assist.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
Jake Sanderson was rated as the 19th best defenseman in the league by Eliteprospects:
1729570602845.png

Microstats show that Sanderson is one of the best in the league in transition.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
The answer is obviously Sanderson.

Sanderson is one of my favorite Defenseman in the league but to those saying he's better at everything that's just nonsense.

Power is the better of the two when it comes to outlet passing out of the zone, and he will be if he's not already the better offensive player of the two.

That being said, the offense is close enough, whereas Sanderson is one of the best defensive D's in the league. Power isn't bad defensively but it's a much bigger gap than the offense.

Reactions: Bjornar Moxnes

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Appreciate the inclusion of numbers here - interesting to note that while he has the highest percentage, he's not even considered in the top 5 in the player poll.

I think "best passer" would be an incredibly difficult attribute to measure, especially when one is not putting up assists.

Of those 3 EV points, only one is an assist.
this aged well tonight lol

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
this aged well tonight lol
Yeah he and the Sabres had a good game. Against a great team no less. I think the issue with Power (and the team he plays for) is seeing the consistency over a good stretch. Seems they might be turning a corner.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Yeah he and the Sabres had a good game. Against a great team no less. I think the issue with Power (and the team he plays for) is seeing the consistency over a good stretch. Seems they might be turning a corner.
The issue in this comparison is, Sanderson could go pointless in the next 40 games and his presence all over the ice would still be felt.

The fact that he can produce offensively at the same or higher clip in his comparison counter part to me is what makes the gap so large.

Offense and production was suppose to be Sanderson’s weakest part of his game and Power’s greatest attribute.

Reactions: Sting

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
The issue in this comparison is, Sanderson could go pointless in the next 40 games and his presence all over the ice would still be felt.

The fact that he can produce offensively at the same or higher clip in his comparison counter part to me is what makes the gap so large.

Offense and production was suppose to be Sanderson’s weakest part of his game and Power’s greatest attribute.
I think that's goes without saying. Sanderson finished with 0 points last night and once again looked like the best player on the ice (outside of Forsberg I guess haha!). For offensive d-men, if they aren't scoring, things don't tend to look as well.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I think that's goes without saying. Sanderson finished with 0 points last night and once again looked like the best player on the ice (outside of Forsberg I guess haha!). For offensive d-men, if they aren't scoring, things don't tend to look as well.
Things are looking great for Power all over the ice. He's been great this year, and he's molding himself into a two-way beast rather than just an offensive dynamo, which fits his profile from college. He's Scott Neidermayer-lite in the way he plays the game. Not at that level, obviously, but the sky's the limit for the kid.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Sanderson is better right now for sure I think but I wouldn't say it';s farfetched to think that Power could be better one day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad