Jake vs Owen

• Sanderson

• Power

Results are only viewable after voting.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Sanderson, he reminds me of Scott Niedermayer. Silky smooth and smart, rarely out of position (defence first, offence is organic). With all due respect to Owen Powers who has the makings of a good offensive defenceman on his own rights.

Reactions: Fatass

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
I wouldn’t say it’s not close there production is identical while Power does have more tools in the tool shed

Sanderson's production is going to explode this year because of his PP1 deployment.

Power won't get much chance on the 1st PP unit.

Power doesn't have more tools than Sanderson. Sanderson is better in all zones.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Sanderson's production is going to explode this year because of his PP1 deployment.

Power won't get much chance on the 1st PP unit.

Power doesn't have more tools than Sanderson. Sanderson is better in all zones.

Sanderson played PP 1 last year. Chabot can’t stay healthy.

The one thing Power does better than Sanderson is be 6’6. Sanderson is better at all aspects of actual hockey.

Powers frame allows him to deliver strong hits, clear the front of the net for his goalie, stronger shot velocity, and a better ability to absorb hits. As side from size his skating is still an asset which is a rare combo

I’m a sens fan going with Sandy , but I still think it’s close

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Power’s analytics have always been excellent but so far this year he has taken a quantum leap to the eye test.

He has been our best player and it’s not close so far.

He’s also on PP1 with Dahlin as of today

The one thing Power does better than Sanderson is be 6’6. Sanderson is better at all aspects of actual hockey.
Sanderson may be better right now. But your generalized umbrella statement is only true if you watch the game with your eyes closed

zenator

Jan 1, 2004
Offensively, they are close. Sanderson is way better defensively and is deployed against the opposition's best line. Analytically, the Sanderson Zub pairing was the 10th best in the NHL last season.

I like Power, wish he was on my team, but defensively, very different players.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Sanderson’s underlying defensive results are too good to ignore. He was developed so well, and Ottawa did it right to allow him to follow the North Dakota way of staying for a sophmore year.

Go back to his prospect thread. There was about 10 or so guys who kept saying he rose in the draft for “no reason” and didn’t deserve to go where he went.

zenator

Jan 1, 2004
They are not close offensively
Sandy outscored Power 38 vs 33 points last year. And has 3 points vs 1 this year.

So I'd still say they're close offensively, although Sanderson is ahead.

You're probably not pleased that Jake has a massive lead in this poll.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Sanderson is a bit ahead now but I see more runway of development in front of Power than Sanderson. Which player is in the better situation to develop their offensive game too? Is Dahlin blocking Power?

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Ridiculous statement from how I see it right now. Why do you think Power is obviously more superior than Sanderson regarding offensively ?
At 5on5 Power has a 35% edge in individual production and 30% edge in on-ice offense. That's pretty clear cut I think.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Sanderson actually has more career points than Power in fewer games.

To say "they are not close offensively" is ludicrous.
Expand your mind and look beyond points. Power is a very unique player, his point totals are very much not indicative of his offensive impact. He's also had significantly fewer PP opportunities than Sanderson and at 5on5 he still outpaces him by the aforementioned 35% in terms of individual production.

Reactions: Fatass

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Expand your mind and look beyond points. Power is a very unique player, his point totals are very much not indicative of his offensive impact. He's also had significantly fewer PP opportunities than Sanderson and at 5on5 he still outpaces him by the aforementioned 35% in terms of individual production.

On the PP, Sanderson outpaces Power by 64% in terms of individual production.

Some guys are better able to utilize their offensive skillsets with the man advantage.

In this case, apparently it's Jake Sanderson.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Hope Power can get better , league is a better place when young dmen are great , he's still very young I wouldn't write him off
Why would anyone write off like the second or third best player on the team? He's playing great right now.

I've always liked Sanderson better as a Sabres fan but Power is a different player so far this year. And noticeably still getting better week-by-week.

It depends on what you want in a defenseman. Sanderson is definitely more well-rounded and probably always will be, which will always make him better in many coaches eyes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad