Rumor: San Jose trying to trade Evander Kane

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
At that point Montreal should sign Virtanen too.
Why not sire. It would be treally be like getting hot in thurr after those trades. This is very interesting to follow what happens. Kane is a pretty entertaining player to follow during games. Something almost everytime happens in his games. A valuable marketing face and go getter for surely. Many jerseys would sell also, big money and its all bout that paper like we already knew.

Reactions: Finnish your Czech

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
At -10000000000 odds, I will bet you that the Sharks don't get full value for him.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
buy out is the only solution for the sharks.

would anyone even take him at 50% retention? is he worth the drama and baggage? i doubt it.
He's not getting bought out. The locker room issues are just as much on the coach and captain as it is on Kane. Personally I'd ditch all of them.

If he was gambling on the NHL he will be kicked out of the league. If he wasn't, he will play out his contract somewhere.

Reactions: Coachcorner

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Why not sire. It would be treally be like getting hot in thurr after those trades. This is very interesting to follow what happens. Kane is a pretty entertaining player to follow during games. Something almost everytime happens in his games. A valuable marketing face and go getter for surely. Many jerseys would sell also, big money and its all bout that paper like we already knew.

Cue the Molson family public letter announcing they value family and character the most when picking players.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
It’s fascinating how being a dick in the locker room and having trouble with the law is treated so differently in the NHL compared to the other major sports leagues. Kane’s still a solid player, and if he was a football player you’d probably have a sweepstakes for him

NHL contracts are guaranteed.

NFL contracts are not guaranteed.

It’s that simple.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Evander Kane is really proving just how tough it is to terminate an NHL contract.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
San Jose's best bet is waivers and assigning him to the Chicago Wolves if he isn't claimed. Or even better, the Iowa Wild.

If not that a buyout would work.

But if he's getting traded to an NHL team, either the Coyotes, Columbus or New Jersey. Probably gets traded for the worst contract in the league.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
San Jose's best bet is waivers and assigning him to the Chicago Wolves if he isn't claimed. Or even better, the Iowa Wild.

But if he's getting traded to an NHL team, either the Coyotes, Columbus or New Jersey. Probably gets traded for the worst contract in the league.
Too funny

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Thats extreme. Its not a felony to break your employment contract or ignore your family. As far as anyone can tell he hasnt committed any crimes.
It is if he starts ducking alimony and child support payments to party in Europe. I’m guessing if the banks foreclosing on his house the other 2 are sure to follow in short order

Reactions: themelkman

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Say what you want about him personally, but the guy is hardly a “plug”.

guess that depends on how plug is defined, no doubt the guy can play hockey but the total package is well...trading for Evander is not something any GM would consider at this time IMO...

Last edited:

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

The worst contract in the league is Marc-Edouard Vlasic’s contract so that’s a tough trade for Wilson to pull off.

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
They should trade him to FLA for Bobrovsky. Its gonna take one of the worst contracts in the league, plus its been reported that FLA is likely to go with Knight as their starter next season.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Hearing the Montreal should sign him joke for the 3000th time in 5 different players' threads
60bbf1852e75351c85d4a6e0907e6bcd.jpg

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I believe it would be if a team does not want to play him.

Rebuilding teams like Arizona should not mind taking on full cap hit for assets Sharks is willing to pay, and then just sit Kane and not allow him to do anything with the team.
Kane has 4 years/7m left on his deal, that’s not a player a team will take and sit for assets and the Sharks wouldn’t offer the assets it takes to get done. (Like their 1st for instance.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad