Value of: Samuel Girard

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Colorado lacks forward depth in a big way and currently are icing a d-core of Makar, Byram, Girard, E. Johnson, Murray and J. Johnson, with Toews on IR. On top of that, the Avs also have J. Barron, Helleson and Behrens as potential future NHL players. Because of these reasons, Girard becomes expendable.

Girard currently has 6 years left at $5m per and provides great pick moving, offensive prowess and average defensive play. All in all I would say he’s a good #3 defenseman and at his best plays as a #2.

The Avs needs are at center, however if the right prospects were offered that could allow Sakic to use in some combination to go after a Hertl or Eichel I think it would benefit the team substantially.

So what is your best offer for Girard?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Girard, Compher, Newhook and Barron to Buffalo for Eichel at $8.5 million

I think the issue here is that Buffalo isn't willing to retain, but if they would retain, I think this deal would make a ton of sense for both sides.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Girard, Compher, Newhook and Barron to Buffalo for Eichel at $8.5 million

I think the issue here is that Buffalo isn't willing to retain, but if they would retain, I think this deal would make a ton of sense for both sides.

I think Colorado does that, but I’m not sure Buffalo does. Personally I would rather give a 2023 first over Barron, but the bigger issue is the salary retention.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Colorado lacks forward depth in a big way and currently are icing a d-core of Makar, Byram, Girard, E. Johnson, Murray and J. Johnson, with Toews on IR. On top of that, the Avs also have J. Barron, Helleson and Behrens as potential future NHL players. Because of these reasons, Girard becomes expendable.

Girard currently has 6 years left at $5m per and provides great pick moving, offensive prowess and average defensive play. All in all I would say he’s a good #3 defenseman and at his best plays as a #2.

The Avs needs are at center, however if the right prospects were offered that could allow Sakic to use in some combination to go after a Hertl or Eichel I think it would benefit the team substantially.

So what is your best offer for Girard?
About Girard + 2nd for Caufield

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Does anyone think Girard and Hertl have similar value? What would it take from both sides to make that happen?

If it was a sign and trade where SJ retains on the remaining contract I think so, but SJ already has a bunch of puck moving defenseman. Don’t know if Girard is a great fit. Perhaps a Sharks fan could elaborate.

Reactions: TheRarestDangles

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
To Vancouver: Girard

To Colorado: Miller

Vancouver get a top 4 RD signed long term

Colorado add a 1st line calibre forward to their top 6

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
The problem for Colorado is that Girard's contract is too good to give away. They would not be trading him for a pending UFA or a player only under contract for another season. It would have to be a long term piece coming back (meaning young with several years of RFA status or under a long term deal).

Reactions: ljb4

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Nylander?

Leafs are gonna need a young top 4 once Rielly walks and this would fix the Avs depth scoring a bit. Leafs depth scoring might take an L though but maybe a base to think about with other moving pieces?

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
If it was a sign and trade where SJ retains on the remaining contract I think so, but SJ already has a bunch of puck moving defenseman. Don’t know if Girard is a great fit. Perhaps a Sharks fan could elaborate.
We need our #1 center. The Sharks have little need for another undersized D man who isn't all the good in his own end. And no they aren't even close in value

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
We need our #1 center. The Sharks have little need for another undersized D man who isn't all the good in his own end. And no they aren't even close in value

Hasn’t it been rumored that Hertl doesn’t want to re-sign in SJ? You can say what you want, but I don’t believe many players who are pending UFAs carry the same value as a 23 year old top 3 defenseman signed long term.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Nylander?

Leafs are gonna need a young top 4 once Rielly walks and this would fix the Avs depth scoring a bit. Leafs depth scoring might take an L though but maybe a base to think about with other moving pieces?

I think if Colorado is going to trade him for a forward it would be for a center. There’s a few other reasons (cap hit, term, age) why I believe Girard is more valuable, but as a base it’s possible.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Hasn’t it been rumored that Hertl doesn’t want to re-sign in SJ? You can say what you want, but I don’t believe many players who are pending UFAs carry the same value as a 23 year old top 3 defenseman signed long term.
That's on you. We have to face Vegas even more than you so no. We value Herlt as a 1C. And rightfully so. Try Calgary with Monahan . Maybe they're hurting for an undersized Dman

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
That's on you. We have to face Vegas even more than you so no. We value Herlt as a 1C. And rightfully so. Try Calgary with Monahan . Maybe they're hurting for an undersized Dman

Again, I explicitly stated Girard isn’t a good fit for SJ. Only said that if we moved him for picks/prospects we could then potentially use those to get Hertl.

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC

Agreed at your last sentence but the other way around. A 20+ minute a night PMD, 23.5 years old, signed until 2027 for only 5m AAV vs a UFA 28(in 2 weeks) years old center who's likely going to get 9m+ AAV. If I'm the avalanche I move anybody not named mackinnon or makar(including rantanen) before I move Girard. His contract is one of the best bargains in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad