Prospect Info: Samkow Memorial HFCBJ 2024 Summer Prospect Rankings: #16

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which of these 5 prospects is best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Vote for the best prospect from the above poll (listed alphabetically) and post who you think should be added from the full (remaining) list below. Criteria is that they are under 25 and haven't spent the majority of a season in the NHL.

There are no set guidelines to determine how you vote. Peak potential, likelihood of NHL career, pathway to playing time, expectations based on draft status -- any/all of these can be used at your discretion. There is no right/wrong way to vote.

The list so far:
1. Cayden Lindstrom (C)
2. Denton Mateychuk (LD)
3. David Jiricek (RD)
4. Gavin Brindley (C/RW)
5. Charlie Elick (RD)
6. Jordan Dumais (RW)
7. Jet Greaves (G)
8. Stanislav Svozil (LD)
9. Sergei Ivanov (G)
10. James Malatesta (LW)
11. Luca Del Bel Belluz (C)
12. Evan Gardner (G)
13. William Whitelaw (C)
14. Kirill Dolzhenkov (RW)
15. Oiva Keskinen (C)

Select your add from the list below:
Luke Ashton (LD)
Ole Julian Bjorgvik-Holm (LD)
Cameron Butler (RW)
Cole Clayton (RD)
James Fisher (RW/MOD)
Tanner Henricks (RD)
Aidan Hreschuk (LD)
Samuel Knazko (LD)
Nolan Lalonde (G)
Max McCue (C)
Hunter McKown (C)
Tyler Peddle (C)
Mikael Pyyhtia (LW)
Martin Rysavy (LW)
Melvin Strahl (G)
Andrew Strathmann (LD)

Added:
Guillaume Richard (LD)

Add votes so far (as of Aaaarrgghh):
Strathmann - 4
McKown - 4
Fisher - 3
Henricks - 2
Ashton - 1

Last edited:

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Ceulemans. It was only his rookie pro season, so I'll give him one more year to get it together before dropping him out completely.

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
It's interesting that Richard and Ceulemans played together on Canada's U18 team. Richard was always the smoother more cerebral player and has certainly developed better. We only get positive reports about him at Providence.

I'm voting Richard but I'm open to persuasion on Marelli and Makarov. I don't know enough about them. Pinelli we've debated enough, I personally don't like his chances.

Add McKown.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Malatesta at #10, Keskinen at #15 and McCue probably an HM in this year's poll. When I envision them as future bottom-6 forwards for the Jackets, I can imagine them all being effective in their own ways but so far I haven't been able to notice a clear gap in their overall toolset and potential. As of today I like Keskinen and McCue a tad more than Malatesta as prospects.

Do people think they're all relatively close to each other or is Malatesta distinctly way ahead of both?

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Voting Makarov because letting the Russians develop a few years before they come over and we get hyped about them has seemingly worked well, so no reason to stop now.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Malatesta at #10, Keskinen at #15 and McCue probably an HM in this year's poll. When I envision them as future bottom-6 forwards for the Jackets, I can imagine them all being effective in their own ways but so far I haven't been able to notice a clear gap in their overall toolset and potential. As of today I like Keskinen and McCue a tad more than Malatesta as prospects.

Do people think they're all relatively close to each other or is Malatesta distinctly way ahead of both?

I have Malatesta a bit ahead of Keskinen and way ahead of McCue.

If I thought one of them had higher upside than I might prioritize that, but as is they're all potential bottom sixers and Malatesta is much closer to being that right now, he's a beast.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad