Prospect Info: Samkow Memorial HFCBJ 2024 Summer Prospect Rankings: #16

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which of these 5 prospects is best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Vote for the best prospect from the above poll (listed alphabetically) and post who you think should be added from the full (remaining) list below. Criteria is that they are under 25 and haven't spent the majority of a season in the NHL.

There are no set guidelines to determine how you vote. Peak potential, likelihood of NHL career, pathway to playing time, expectations based on draft status -- any/all of these can be used at your discretion. There is no right/wrong way to vote.

The list so far:
1. Cayden Lindstrom (C)
2. Denton Mateychuk (LD)
3. David Jiricek (RD)
4. Gavin Brindley (C/RW)
5. Charlie Elick (RD)
6. Jordan Dumais (RW)
7. Jet Greaves (G)
8. Stanislav Svozil (LD)
9. Sergei Ivanov (G)
10. James Malatesta (LW)
11. Luca Del Bel Belluz (C)
12. Evan Gardner (G)
13. William Whitelaw (C)
14. Kirill Dolzhenkov (RW)
15. Oiva Keskinen (C)

Select your add from the list below:
Luke Ashton (LD)
Ole Julian Bjorgvik-Holm (LD)
Cameron Butler (RW)
Cole Clayton (RD)
James Fisher (RW/MOD)
Tanner Henricks (RD)
Aidan Hreschuk (LD)
Samuel Knazko (LD)
Nolan Lalonde (G)
Max McCue (C)
Hunter McKown (C)
Tyler Peddle (C)
Mikael Pyyhtia (LW)
Martin Rysavy (LW)
Melvin Strahl (G)
Andrew Strathmann (LD)

Added:
Guillaume Richard (LD)

Add votes so far (as of Aaaarrgghh):
Strathmann - 4
McKown - 4
Fisher - 3
Henricks - 2
Ashton - 1

Last edited:

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
I have Malatesta a bit ahead of Keskinen and way ahead of McCue.

If I thought one of them had higher upside than I might prioritize that, but as is they're all potential bottom sixers and Malatesta is much closer to being that right now, he's a beast.
Malatesta is certainly close to become a regular contributor for Jackets bottom-6. Physicality, strength, work ethic, skating, shooting and defensive IQ are all at very good level. He carries himself like a pro. Just lacks a better range and offensive IQ / passing skills.

Keskinen and McCue have larger frames to work with and they scan the ice better with puck on their sticks, they can execute more advanced passing plays. If they manage to find ways to round out their game more within the next couple of years in lower leagues I think they eventually will be more versatile players.

Keskinen is a reliable two-way center and good skater. I recently listened to one of his interviews from last winter, he strikes as a smart, calm and humble guy who really seems to understand what it takes to make it in the NHL as a player of his type. He said he wants to be able to play any role and that he wants to improve his strength, explosiveness and two-way play before trying to break in, which would be two years from now according to his estimate.

McCue plays a similar forechecking game that Malatesta does, lots of hustle and hitting and agitation. McCue's play without puck however looks more unorganized and inconsistent but I'm hopeful that can be fixed quickly in a pro environment. He also needs to get stronger, he fell over too frequently in corner battles at the memorial cup against smaller or same size players. But the skillset and hockey sense otherwise for a bottom-sixer are above average level. I think his offensive ceiling is higher than Malatesta's.

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I am so very disappointed in all y'all. Tsk tsk. :sarcasm:

For the record:
1724416785621.png

Anyways, new poll is up:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad