News Article: Sam Rosen To Retire After Next Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
giphy.gif

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Sam will be greatly missed. Just keep this in mind, he pretty much outlasted MTV and many movie franchises plus their half hearted reboots. He started when Cable TV was heating up and went all until you can watch from your phone will overseas.

It's like watching a game with an old friend or great uncle. His voice is the New York Rangers and always will be.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Sammy still does NFL right? Wonder if its his last year doing football as well or if he already stopped.

I love it when watching RedZone and they jump over to a game like Arizona Cleveland and I'd hear Sams voice.

The whole house would be like "Hey its Sammy!"

His voice is home.

Reactions: Sooth

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
I think it would be really cool for Sam's last game to have Kenny come in and join him like the 3rd period, as a surprise, and they kinda just half-call the game and half-spiel together, with Sam talking about whatever the f*** he wants, as a sort of passing of the torch. Joe can leave the booth.

• Love
Reactions: SirJW and tlk

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I think it would be really cool for Sam's last game to have Kenny come in and join him like the 3rd period, as a surprise, and they kinda just half-call the game and half-spiel together, with Sam talking about whatever the f*** he wants, as a sort of passing of the torch. Joe can leave the booth.
That last game is going to be tough for him and all of us. Hopefully its a playoff win.

But id assume he may carry over to the radio again if things go well for the team, like last season

Reactions: tlk

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Sammy still does NFL right? Wonder if its his last year doing football as well or if he already stopped.

I love it when watching RedZone and they jump over to a game like Arizona Cleveland and I'd hear Sams voice.

His voice is home.
He’s awesome at calling football.

Too bad he always called games for teams I never watch. Would have loved him to call Jets games , would have made the last 30+ years of Jets football at least partially enjoyable

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX

His voice is home.

No. He hasn't called football now for a while. His last season for FOX football was in 2019. By then he had been phased down to part time status for a few years.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
No. He hasn't called football now for a while. His last season for FOX football was in 2019. By then he had been phased down to part time status for a few years.
Pretty sure i heard him last year or the prior, maybe he filled in for someone sick but yeah havent heard him as much.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
You younger guys will miss him, but you'll get used to the new guy. I was a fan before Sam. I was a Mets fan back to Lindsey, Ralph and Bob, then through a series of teams until they settled on Gary, Keith and Ron. Better he go out before the broadcast drops off. Can he take Joe with him?
Once again, my sentiments exactly. I know it's taboo to say anything bad about Sam the great, but one could say this "could have or even should have" happened a few years ago. I know I'll miss his voice, but would really wish for him to enjoy FULL TIME RETIREMENT in whatever time he has left. Sure he will miss being a part and being there, but he will NEVER be forgotten, nor will he EVER not be there in spirit.
Wouldn't it be fitting to send him off with a Cup, with his name engraved on it?

Reactions: Salsa Shark

Salsa Shark

Sep 1, 2009
Jersey
I like Sam but it is time for new Blood. At least Sam is still competent unlike Sterling who was past his expiration by the mid 2010s, maybe earlier.

Feel Shame

May 8, 2024
Much love to Sam for a great run. Have had the opportunity to meet him several times and he’s always been very fan friendly. Nice man. Great run.

While Kenny Albert is the logical replacement choice. I’d love to see Howie Rose get a kick at the can for a few years. He’s a great hockey announcer and despite his work on the other side of town, he’s always been a great Ranger fan.
Howie got the shit end of the stick, not once but twice. Has one of the greatest hockey calls ever.

Feel Shame

May 8, 2024
maybe AI will advance enough in the next year where we can just have a Sam Rosen soundboard be our PBP announcer for eternity. gonna really miss him.
This is why AI was created. For this very time only.

Jack Hanson

Oct 5, 2023
Im not sure why, but I got confused a while back when this was announced and thought last season was Sam Rosen's last. Now I suddenly feel uplifted and joyful that he will be here this upcoming season.

I love watching Rangers games on the msg network and his commentary is awesome. I love Joe Micheletti as well.

Its so much better watching with them on msg than if a game is on espn or tnt.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I never fell for Joe. Maybe because I grew up with JD. Joe’s color is basic. His big analysis is identifying the exact moment in the replay when a thing happens, or commenting that a player’s release is quick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad