Rumor: Sam Reinhart extension

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
11-12% x 8 would be the standard no tax equivalent of the 13.5-14.5 high tax cap.

So that would put him at 9.5-10.6 in a no tax market.
Or
11.5-12.76
value.

I’m betting he goes around 9.5 which is a huge advantage but we will see

He is 100% staying and will sign for less than he could get... Not a chance he's signing elsewhere after winning a Cup and getting to live in Florida.

Annnnnd the taxes

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
11-12% x 8 would be the standard no tax equivalent of the 13.5-14.5 high tax cap.

Or
11.5-12.76
value.

Annnnnd the taxes
Well obviously... Tons of great players do this in those certain states... It's a win win for that player and the team

The teams that keep winning Cups nowadays are the teams in those particular states

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I felt for sure Reinhart was going via the Freddie Freeman model, I won a championship now I am taking the biggest deal I can get from the most competitive team

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
At least now you finally admit it’s real.

Actually. Friedman and Lebrun both said that teams are talking about it and floated out the possibility it would be addressed in the new CBA

Are you ever going to address the pre lockout 2004 article where the Tampa president is directly quoted saying they need a new system Because low revenue teams can’t consistently compete with high revenue teams and how they need competitive balance?

Admitting defeat now?
Keep crying about the Taxes boogeyman. Hopefully it doesn't keep you up all night.

All those huge discounts on ever tax free team look massive. Like Bob at 10.5, Vasy at 9.5, Ekblad....

Make sure you have you blankey and teddy close by to keep you safe when the big bad taxes come to get you.

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
I felt for sure Reinhart was going via the Freddie Freeman model, I won a championship now I am taking the biggest deal I can get from the most competitive team
That's still Florida for next year, no one in the East was a particular threat to Florida and the East is getting worse (Canes, Bruins) etc.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Keep crying about the Taxes boogeyman. Hopefully it doesn't keep you up all night.

All those huge discounts on ever tax free team look massive. Like Bob at 10.5, Vasy at 9.5, Ekblad....

Make sure you have you blankey and teddy close by to keep you safe when the big bad taxes come to get you.
There is definitely a tax advantage but the biggest thing is having a competitive team. I think Florida was one of the least desirable markets until they got a decent team together.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
At least now you finally admit it’s real.

Actually. Friedman and Lebrun both said that teams are talking about it and floated out the possibility it would be addressed in the new CBA

Are you ever going to address the pre lockout 2004 article where the Tampa president is directly quoted saying they need a new system Because low revenue teams can’t consistently compete with high revenue teams and how they need competitive balance?

Admitting defeat now?

That’s just big bs bad managements use as their defense

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Floridas window looking to stay open

With Nylander getting 11.5M Reinhart at 9.5 or less is a damm steal
Unfortunately the broken record on taxes again. There near identical contracts for take home income within Florida being tax free state.

Or
11.5-12.76
value.

Annnnnd the taxes

The league really has to do something about thos tax issue for the 6 teams advantage or so. It's definitely a HUGE advantage

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Pretty sure Kypreos said he's already had a 9.5 x 8 deal on the table the other day on his pod.

I remember it because he then mentioned how much more money Reinhart would need in a tax heavy state to make 9.5 in FLA.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015

Vasy at 9.5 was a discount, funny you bring it up

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
7.75 / 8 years
If this happens it’s gonna be a great great deal

Nylander, an insanely comparable player got overpaid on 11.5. 7.75 would be less than Larkin and Meier got a few years back.

I think 8.5-9.5 will be a solid contract

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if golfing in January meant more to guys than no state income tax. Obviously having both certainly doesn't hurt.

Sure. If agents gms players and accountants all say guys take 2% aav and millions less to golf in January. I would believe you.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006

Ummmm vasy was a discount.

Sweet Jesus. You are proving my point.

Ekblad: 10.27% aav
Bob: 12.27
Vasy. 11.66

This is a top pair RHD no 1 overall. A 2 time vexing winner free agent and the best goalie of his generation.

Now look at price Nurse. Etc

Heck compare saros to helley/sheshsterkin

Do you believe you are making sense here?

No goalie is worth 9.5, so no.

This is a complete misunderstanding of the market.

Your view of worth has nothing to do with market comparables

Last edited:

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Well obviously... Tons of great players do this in those certain states... It's a win win for that player and the team

The teams that keep winning Cups nowadays are the teams in those particular states

Yes. That’s literally the point. Unless you believe that Teams with an unfair structural advantage all just started magically winning cups the second the NHL outlawed back diving deals.

Now they can make the same money and play on better teams.

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I didn't misunderstand anything, i said what my opinion is about goalies getting paid.

Now go back to crying about taxes, that's clearly the reason why the Leafs are so f***ing shit.

Your opinion has nothing to do with established market value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad