Rumor: Sam Reinhart extension

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Thank you for beating the Oilers
IMG_7653.png

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Ummmm vasy was a discount.

Sweet Jesus. You are proving my point.

Ekblad: 10.27% aav
Bob: 12.27
Vasy. 11.66

This is a top pair RHD no 1 overall. A 2 time vexing winner free agent and the best goalie of his generation.

Now look at price Nurse. Etc

Heck compare saros to helley/sheshsterkin

Do you believe you are making sense here?

This is a complete misunderstanding of the market.

Your view of worth has nothing to do with market comparables
Look at time of signing. Jesus Bob signed for 10.5M when the cap was under 80M. Jesus Christ. Point on the doll where the taxes touched you.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Look at time of signing. Jesus Bob signed for 10.5M when the cap was under 80M. Jesus Christ. Point on the doll where the taxes touched you.

No. Again. Bobs cap hit is 10 NOT 10.5. Literally zero things you have said are accurate

Come on. You can’t be serious. This is basic. Bob was a ufa. He signed on July 1. That is the start of the new year 2019-2020. That cap was 81.5

You can look at cap friendly. It gives you the dates and percent of total cap aav at the time of signing. It was 12.27.

You can look for yourself.

And while u are at it confirm that no tax stars typically sign between 11-12 (some slightly more) and high tax stars sign for 13.5-14.5

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
No. Again. Bobs cap hit is 10 NOT 10.5. Literally zero things you have said are accurate

Come on. You can’t be serious. This is basic. Bob was a ufa. He signed on July 1. That is the start of the new year 2019-2020. That cap was 81.5

You can look at cap friendly. It gives you the dates and percent of total cap aav at the time of signing. It was 12.27.

You can look for yourself.

And while u are at it confirm that no tax stars typically sign between 11-12 (some slightly more) and high tax stars sign for 13.5-14.5
You are saying that other teams were going to sign Bob at 10M? Lol ok. Do you wipe your tears on your teddy or blankey when the big bad taxes come into your room at night?

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
You are saying that other teams were going to sign Bob at 10M? Lol ok. Do you wipe your tears on your teddy or blankey when the big bad taxes come into your room at night?
1.) my opinion yes. Columbus wanted him
2.) my opinion on who may or may not have signed him doesn’t matter what does matter is the statements from agents gms players media and accountants saying that people take less on no state tax teams because they still get the same money
3.) you again are completely wrong. You have embarrassed yourself by being wrong about every aspect of the contract, and even cited and example that proves my point.

Goalies with his resume in high tax markets take more. He took 12.27 which was right about the 12% we would expect for a 2 time Vezinas winner in Florida. He would have cost 11.4 in Montreal like price

This is exactly what i said. You proved my point

5.) are you young? You seem to be childish

Edit. I should clarify that goalies may be a different market now. Goalies were getting big money 5 years ago. Teams have changed. So the current % may not hold at 14% for new contacts.

But we will still see the discount ie. saros took less than Sorokin. Hellybuck and soon to be shesterkin

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Golden_Jet

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
1.) my opinion yes. Columbus wanted him
2.) my opinion on who may or may not have signed him doesn’t matter what does matter is the statements from agents gms players media and accountants saying that people take less on no state tax teams because they still get the same money
3.) you again are completely wrong. You have embarrassed yourself by being wrong about every aspect of the contract, and even cited and example that proves my point.

Goalies with his resume in high tax markets take more. He took 12.27 which was right about the 12% we would expect for a 2 time Vezinas winner in Florida. He would have cost 11.4 in Montreal like price

This is exactly what i said. You proved my point

5.) are you young? You seem to be childish

Edit. I should clarify that goalies may be a different market now. Goalies were getting big money 5 years ago. Teams have changed. So the current % may not hold at 14% for new contacts.

But we will still see the discount ie. saros took less than Sorokin. Hellybuck and soon to be shesterkin
I'm not bothering reading your temper tantrum whinges. I'd much rather just point out your crying and not bother with your asinine conspiracy theories. Maybe you should build a wall so you can stop those evil foreign taxes from ruining your mental health.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if golfing in January meant more to guys than no state income tax. Obviously having both certainly doesn't hurt.
Yep. Weather lines up amazing with season. You leave when it gets a little too hot. Add golf, and intercoastal…

That stuff is way more important than the taxes.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Yep. Weather lines up amazing with season. You leave when it gets a little too hot. Add golf, and intercoastal…

That stuff is way more important than the taxes.
No it’s not. Or LA OC would get cheap deals. They don’t. They were better teams more prestigious. They never got discounts.

Players openly say they take less in tax free markets.

Why do people refuse to listen to the actual players

I'm not bothering reading your temper tantrum whinges. I'd much rather just point out your crying and not bother with your asinine conspiracy theories. Maybe you should build a wall so you can stop those evil foreign taxes from ruining your mental health.

Every single thing you have written on this topic has been wrong. You bring up examples from players salaries that are wrong and taxes from other sports and fake accountants.

You lie about the lockout and refuse to respond to direct quotes from tampas gm.

You like being wrong. Which is fine. I just correct you for the third party reader.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
With the Florida discount they can get that below 9 aav

Not a damm chance they’d get Pasta like player signed under 9

Around 9M isn’t the market value for what Reinhart brought this season but good for him for not going for the max and put value on the enviroment he’s playing.

I’m 100% confident Hubs would be having helluva lot more fun playing on a contender making less than in Calgary earning the max amount

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
No it’s not. Or LA OC would get cheap deals. They don’t. They were better teams more prestigious. They never got discounts.

Players openly say they take less in tax free markets.

Why do people refuse to listen to the actual players

Every single thing you have written on this topic has been wrong. You bring up examples from players salaries that are wrong and taxes from other sports and fake accountants.

You lie about the lockout and refuse to respond to direct quotes from tampas gm.

You like being wrong. Which is fine. I just correct you for the third party reader.
Notice how no one agrees with you. The owners don't agree with you. The league doesn't agree with you. Keep being a sheep and falling into the xenophobic belief that the evil south of America is ruining your life with their politics because you literally have zero else in your life to worry about but how millionaires aren't being treated equally for your selfish reasons.

It's always been said is their a discrepancy? Yes, does anyone give a shit besides the huge crybaby of HFBoards Legion34? No. No one cares so much that they won't even address it in the CBA discussions coming up. Get a life, you are the running joke of HF. The village idiot that everyone points at and laughs at.

Use the tax calculator. You would see how much he would cost in Florida
The flawed tax calculator that says in it's disclaimer that it's an approximation and not definite. But hey, when are you building that wall around HF where you can have your echo chamber where you can always be the victim? Wait...isn't that the Leafs board for you?

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Notice how no one agrees with you. The owners don't agree with you. The league doesn't agree with you. Keep being a sheep and falling into the xenophobic belief that the evil south of America is ruining your life with their politics because you literally have zero else in your life to worry about but how millionaires aren't being treated equally for your selfish reasons.

It's always been said is their a discrepancy? Yes, does anyone give a shit besides the huge crybaby of HFBoards Legion34? No. No one cares so much that they won't even address it in the CBA discussions coming up. Get a life, you are the running joke of HF. The village idiot that everyone points at and laughs at.

The flawed tax calculator that says in it's disclaimer that it's an approximation and not definite. But hey, when are you building that wall around HF where you can have your echo chamber where you can always be the victim? Wait...isn't that the Leafs board for you?

It’s not really about “agreeing” or disagreeing with me. I am not providing opinions. I am stating facts based on what has been reported by the NHLagents, gms, media. And proven by theMath The president of the lightining and the actions of the The CRA

Not because it’s my opinion. I am telling you what they are saying and proving it with quotes and facts and actually being able to read numbers. Like the difference between 10 and 10.5.

Non of this is my opinion. People providing baseless opinions on golf and weather is an opinion

There is nothing to agree with. There are just facts and people who want to accept them.

Of course they say it’s an approximation. Just like every disclaimer ever. But it was good enough that your fake tax expert agreed with it. Because it is right.

Last edited:

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Super jealous of the florida tax luxury, it is a no brainer for him to re-sign. Great weather, great team and lots of money!

Would love to bring him back home to Vancouver.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Florida discount or not, $9M is the right number if you're not buying into the 25% shooting/50+ goals being the norm going forward.

Add in that's it's a place that he probably wants to stay for purely hockey reasons, and I don't really know what the fuss is about.

Reactions: Mase

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 8
    Staked: $30,350.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3