Confirmed with Link: Sam Bennett and 6th (2022) traded to Florida for 2nd (2022) and Emil Heineman

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
If Bennett finds success post-Calgary and becomes the player he was projected to be or even better, it wouldn't be the first time.
Wouldn't even be the first time that the Flames gave up on a good player that went on to have an all-star career with a team based in Florida.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Honestly I’m really happy for Sam. His game is so reliant on confidence and Barkov will take the hardest matchups there so he’s in such a good position to succeed considering he’s playing with Huberdeau.

Bennett should have been playing with Johnny here for a long time, he’s literally the C Gaudreau needs and we traded him away. But he was never going to be that player here so I’m happy for Sam.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
There must have been some kind of dampening field on his game here. He wouldnae buried that pass last night if it was from a Flames player.

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Can’t wait until this all comes crashing down and we can collectively laugh at everyone overreacting to two games...

Still wish the best for Sam, but the takes here make me laugh

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Can’t wait until this all comes crashing down and we can collectively laugh at everyone overreacting to two games...

Still wish the best for Sam, but the takes here make me laugh
its actually 6 games:sarcasm:. Time will tell if a change in teams was what was needed but Sam is on old school player and Sutter/Quenville are old school coaches, as a fan of Bennett there were only like 3 teams I thought he could succeed with if traded. The Islanders, Panthers and Blue Jackets all with old school coaches.
He has looked more comfortable on the ice ever since Sutter came in and stopped using a line blender as a coaching tool.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
its actually 6 games:sarcasm:. Time will tell if a change in teams was what was needed but Sam is on old school player and Sutter/Quenville are old school coaches, as a fan of Bennett there were only like 3 teams I thought he could succeed with if traded. The Islanders, Panthers and Blue Jackets all with old school coaches.
He has looked more comfortable on the ice ever since Sutter came in and stopped using a line blender as a coaching tool.
Time will tell, but he also play what, 25 games under Sutter prior to the 4 he actually produced and hadn’t looked any better?

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Bennett playing unreal hockey for a few games? We’ve never seen that before as Flames fans.

good on Sam, if he keeps this up, he’s going to get absolutely paid this summer.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Bennett playing unreal hockey for a few games? We’ve never seen that before as Flames fans.

good on Sam, if he keeps this up, he’s going to get absolutely paid this summer.
The funny thing is I think he has a great playoffs and ends up signing like long term for 3 to 3.5 M AAV with Florida and then puts it together.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Sam has had two good games. Did anyone expect different? He probably has a good playoffs too. Next regular season he will struggle and get demoted when he loses his confidence. It’s Sam Bennett lol

Reactions: User1996

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
he's never gotten that pass from a Flames player
I mean sure but there are also a thousand passes that he handled like a live grenade. I'm cheering for Bennett but the real question isn't will he do well immediately when the pressure is on (which is has always done) but can he keep this play up for a full season.

I really do hope this is a wake up call for him, he could be a very impactful player if he wants to be.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I feel like I haven't done enough hallucinogens to understand half the posts in here because of a whole 3 points.

Reactions: User1996
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad