Salary Cap: Salary Cap Summer | The Hunt for 3C | Updated cap info in Post #1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
An insider on the Edmonton board (apparently he's very accurate)left a cryptic clue for who they were going to sign......"JJ"

Jagr or Jokinen?

I think they're pushing hard for Jagr. At least their fans seem to want him pretty badly.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
As good as Rowney was, I just cannot envision him as an every day player here. Perfect 13th forward though. Archibald, in my opinion, is an every day player. I love what he brings to the table.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I think they're pushing hard for Jagr. At least their fans seem to want him pretty badly.

Jagr just doesn't seem to fit into the "Edmonton" mold. Why would you have this young, fast, hungry team, and then you bring in a 45 year old Jagr who hasn't done jack **** in the playoffs since the mid-90's?

They need guys like Cullen. Not Jagr.

froods

I blame Paul Martin and Jack Johnson
Aug 28, 2009
Fort Erie, ON
Jagr just doesn't seem to fit into the "Edmonton" mold. Why would you have this young, fast, hungry team, and then you bring in a 45 year old Jagr who hasn't done jack **** in the playoffs since the mid-90's?

I am starting to think he doesn't fit anywhere at this point.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Quick question about NTC. Let me use Phil as an example.

When does he have to submit his list, was it July 1st for the proceeding season?

Can Phil amend the list at any time?

Are the Pens aware of the teams he will block before any negotiations start?

Thanks

Phil submits a list of 8 teams he can be traded to every July 1st and he can't change them until the following July 1st. JR knows those 8 teams.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008

Legacy! Chance at a Cup! Leadership! Experience!

I love Jagr, but he's just not a player in today's NHL. The hands and skill are still there and always will be, but he just doesn't have the legs anymore.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I'll always wish I could've seen him one more time in a pens sweater and hearing the ovation for his first return game.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I was looking up Dustin Brown to see what he had left on his contract. Figured at like 50% retention if the Kings ever look to move on. Then I saw he's signed all the way through 21-22 at about 6m. The Pens are basically paying 300k more for Kessel over Dustin freaking Brown. That is insane.

dePENSonFleury

May 24, 2004
That statement makes no sense...or is another clue to Cullen coming back. The absolutely only way I can see that working is if Rowney and Cullen are on the 4th line. Then you could get away with a center that doesn't kill penalties. I was in for having Sid and Geno kill penalties earlier in their career, not now. Too much risk and need to watch their minutes. We have to have good faceoff guys on the PK.

Bonino and Cullen took 85% of the shorthanded draws. Even if Cullen comes back, someone has to step in. I don't know if that is the spot for Rowney, although it could be. If Cullen retires, you have a huge hole. I think that knocks out a lot of the guys that first come to mind. Also... injuries.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
As good as Rowney was, I just cannot envision him as an every day player here. Perfect 13th forward though. Archibald, in my opinion, is an every day player. I love what he brings to the table.

This is spot on. The Pens could survive with Rowney as 4c but it wouldn't be ideal for stretch run.

One of the big reasons I want to see a trade is to open a slot for Archi. I see him and Reeves being a 4th line nightmare for teams. Thunder and lightning.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Bonino and Cullen took 85% of the shorthanded draws. Even if Cullen comes back, someone has to step in. I don't know if that is the spot for Rowney, although it could be. If Cullen retires, you have a huge hole. I think that knocks out a lot of the guys that first come to mind. Also... injuries.

And Sid took 1700+ last year. We need to give him a break. It'd be nice if 71 would step up and work on that part of his game. The coaching staff should challenge him to work on it. Just try and break even most nights so we're not having to take him off the ice in the D-zone.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
I was looking up Dustin Brown to see what he had left on his contract. Figured at like 50% retention if the Kings ever look to move on. Then I saw he's signed all the way through 21-22 at about 6m. The Pens are basically paying 300k more for Kessel over Dustin freaking Brown. That is insane.

Cap space and avoiding bad contracts is huge.

(May have accidentally hit report post instead of reply the first time, haha)

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I am starting to think he doesn't fit anywhere at this point.

He really doesn't. He could fit in here in a 3rd/4th line, 2nd PP unit role. Jagr will never accept a role like that though.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Cap space and avoiding bad contracts is huge.

(May have accidentally hit report post instead of reply the first time, haha)

And I will add - we are going to lose guys eventually in Cole, Schultz, Sheary, Hags, etc. It's inevitable and part of the salary cap era. But damn this team is so likable I don't want to lose a single freaking player. But you can't get caught in that type of cap issue. JR is really doing a great job of that.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
And I will add - we are going to lose guys eventually in Cole, Schultz, Sheary, Hags, etc. It's inevitable and part of the salary cap era. But damn this team is so likable I don't want to lose a single freaking player. But you can't get caught in that type of cap issue. JR is really doing a great job of that.

I have no problem losing any of those guys if there was a decent deal there. Letting them walk is nonsensical.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I don't see Schultz leaving unless someone falls into our lap. 50 pt D-man require big money. Is what it is.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range

Yes he has and is very aware of it. He was right to let the UFA's go. It will be hard to bring g Horny back. If someone offers him a Bonino contract, I don't think we can afford him. But I would try and keep a spot for him like we are with Cullen, but Horny will probably be expensive.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I gave you **** earlier but I really like this.

all-build-up.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad