Salary Cap: Salary Cap Summer | The Hunt for 3C | Updated cap info in Post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Is there something I'm missing with Derek Ryan? People keep talking about flipping Hagelin for him but he's like a 29 year old rookie isn't he? What's so great about him?

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
As Sully told JR, as long as his 2 big dogs are healthy to start, he can work with what he has:

Sheary-Sid-Horny/Rust
Hags-G-Phil
Wilson-Jake-Rust/Horny
Kuhnackl-Rowney-Reaves/Archibald

or you can make

Sheary-Sid-Horny
Rust-G-Phil
Hags-Jake-Wilson

or

Sheary-Sid-Horny/Rust
Willson-G-Phil
Hags-Jake-Rust/Horny

Really am ok with this. Be patient. Find the right guy.
Can insert an Archibald in for more speed when needed.
If injuries, theres depth: Sprong, Simon, G.Wilson, ZAR, McKegg, Bleugers, Dea, Sestito. Maybe Tiffels/Jospehs/DiPauli look good too to start as well.

Steel Winning

Philling The Net
Aug 4, 2015
Is there something I'm missing with Derek Ryan? People keep talking about flipping Hagelin for him but he's like a 29 year old rookie isn't he? What's so great about him?

Undrafted player who tore up the Swedish league before coming over last year. 45 goals 60 assists in the SHL

BustaKapanen

May 14, 2011
I think there's zero chance they move guentzel to 3c. Lemme rephrase that...I'm praying they don't

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I think there's zero chance they move guentzel to 3c. Lemme rephrase that...I'm praying they don't

Him or Rowney.

Like, long term, oh hell no... but if they don't find their guy for the first game? I look at that choice and slowly come around.

A guy who can play top 6 wing and centre here would be really great. I don't like the cost to term ratio of Duchene, but he or someone like him here would be awesome.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Am I the only one that remember that J.Staal didn't want to be a 3C on this team?

And as I said lastnight, how we used Staal when he was here 6 years ago is not how we used our 3rd line since Sullivan took over. Would he be happy not getting a scoring role? Not sure. But he certainly would not be used the same way he was 6+ years ago.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Not to get too much into it but Staal wasn't exactly languishing here, either. Obviously Kessel (potentially) is a bit of an upgrade on Kennedy. Obviously the third line has played much more of a scoring role here the last couple of seasons. But it's not like Staal wasn't given huge minutes and huge responsibilities in Pittsburgh. He was basically a top six player. Let's face it... he just wanted to be the guy. And he never will, here (he probably wouldn't even be on the first PP unit). So if he comes back... I sure hope he's (finally) good with that.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Of possible Maatta replacements if he's a piece we move. LA has made Martinez expendable for awhile. He's a legit #4 with some offensive ability. Would fit in perfectly on our depth chart.

We have some wingers we could spare as well. LA is desperate for scoring. A guy like Sheary would be a godsend IMO.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
I would if JR doesn't find a 3C to start.
But you can try a:

3C = Rowney
4C = McKegg or Bleugers

I think we will at least bring in someone who can be our 4C and play as a 3C until we get our guy. We can't run Sid and Geno into the ground in October and November.

Maybe the staff wants to see what we have in Bluegers, Simon, etc. But we should still bring in someone.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Madden posted on twitter that the Pens feel Hunwick can partner with Schultz. And that it'd appear Maatta could be moved as a result.

He's not an awesome source but he knows enough people in the organization to know how they feel about a player.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Madden posted on twitter that the Pens feel Hunwick can partner with Schultz. And that it'd appear Maatta could be moved as a result.

He's not an awesome source but he knows enough people in the organization to know how they feel about a player.

Are his rumors ever right?

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range

Wasn't it Madden who first reported that Letang was out because of his back?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Madden reported that Letang would be back in 10 days. 1 week later he had season ending neck surgery.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
He went back and forth on it a bit, but yeah he was the first guy I remember saying he was done.

Wrong... actually a user here was the first guy to say he was done w/ neck surgery. ;) Madden said he'd be back in 10 days at that same time. Then backtracked. But our guy had it the whole time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad