Salary Cap: Salary Cap Summer | The Hunt for 3C | Updated cap info in Post #1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

If he's coming in as a 4C at about 1.5 mil, fine I'll take him. He has zero offense but contributes defensively.
But if we're trying to get salary cap off the Hawks books, better to take Anisimov, although I don't know if he's quick enough for this team. Contract is 3 more years at about 4.8 mil

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
If he's coming in as a 4C at about 1.5 mil, fine I'll take him. He has zero offense but contributes defensively.
But if we're trying to get salary cap off the Hawks books, better to take Anisimov, although I don't know if he's quick enough for this team. Contract is 3 more years at about 4.8 mil

we're not trading with blackhawks, we'd be trading with vegas

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017

Why would the Hawks trade their #2 C to us? They have no one to replace him and we sure as heck aren't deep down the middle

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
If Kostin turns out to be a gem then we gave up the opportunity to draft him. Seemed like a Sprong situation where a great pick dropped into the Pens' lap.

Kostin was a good pick and is why I think many overreact regarding the trade. People will say that we traded Sundqvist and Kostin for Reaves and Lauzon. But in reality it's stupid to assume that we would have picked Kostin and the Blues would have picked Lauzon.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Why would the Hawks trade their #2 C to us? They have no one to replace him and we sure as heck aren't deep down the middle

There was a tweet about them being interested in Kovalchuk. They'd need cap space and if that did happen who the **** knows what they'd do after. But the odds of it happening are probably abut as good as getting Backstrom with retention.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Kostin was a good pick and is why I think many overreact regarding the trade. People will say that we traded Sundqvist and Kostin for Reaves and Lauzon. But in reality it's stupid to assume that we would have picked Kostin and the Blues would have picked Lauzon.

Seriously, does this board have a short memory when it comes to the Pens' drafting? When have the Pens ever taken the guy a lot of HF posters wanted them to take? :laugh:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
There was a tweet about them being interested in Kovalchuk. They'd need cap space and if that did happen who the **** knows what they'd do after. But the odds of it happening are probably abut as good as getting Backstrom with retention.

They've apparently looking to move Anisimov. Were trying to trade him to some other teams for I don't know what in return. They may still need to move some salary whether Hossa salary is Ltir, and for some reason Bowman hasn't been all that happy with Anisimov

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

It's more than just that.

When I think of trades like this one, I think of a comparable that went for far less when both were top of the field as 4th liners applying their trade.

Laraque was pretty much a mirror scenario in that neither team wanted to trade either of them, both wanting a 1st and prospect, (O-ask was 1st+prospect for Laraque +2nd/3rd) and one goes for Carcillo and a 3rd, and the other goes for (Sundqvist + 1st for Reaves +2nd).

One is a fair trade, and the other is worthy of, well.... those words are just not allowed.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Oh yeah, there are some rumors they were trying to trade Anisimov for galchenyuk, who's really a wing. Reduce some salary. Anisimov is also not great at face offs. If so, maybe they have an interest in Sheary?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
It's more than just that.

When I think of trades like this one, I think of a comparable that went for far less when both were top of the field as 4th liners applying their trade.

Laraque was pretty much a mirror scenario in that neither team wanted to trade either of them, both wanting a 1st and prospect, (O-ask was 1st+prospect for Laraque +2nd/3rd) and one goes for Carcillo and a 3rd, and the other goes for (Sundqvist + 1st for Reaves +2nd).

One is a fair trade, and the other is worthy of, well.... those words are just not allowed.

You also need to factor in that Reaves is a better player than Laraque or Carcillo.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Maatta and Sprong?

Yeah, I was gonna say.

Kapanen more or less was ushered onto the team with a chorus of hosannas too, wasn't he?

In a fight? Yeah. But Reaves is a better hockey player than Laraque was.

Eh. I'm willing to give Reaves at least a good honest look with THIS team before I get too judgmental. But Laraque wasn't chopped liver, exactly. He wasn't awful around the net and could basically hold and cycle the puck indefinitely in the corners. Obviously I wouldn't call him a good hockey player but not a total ****show for his role, or anything. He was pretty close to the end of it by the time he left the Penguins after only parts of two seasons.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
As 4C I'm OK about Kruger, he's one of the best in the league. As 3C... We'd be in some trouble

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Rumblings that CAR is front runner for Kruger. via Custance:

Don't believe that makes Staal or TT any more available though.
They'd only move Staal if they landed Duchene, imo, for a Duchene, Rask, Kruger down the middle scenario.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Eh. I'm willing to give Reaves at least a good honest look with THIS team before I get too judgmental. But Laraque wasn't chopped liver, exactly. He wasn't awful around the net and could basically hold and cycle the puck indefinitely in the corners.

Reaves is better than Laraque at that stuff, and he's a MUCH better skater. Like he'll be in the middle of the pack on our team in terms of skating, while Laraque would easily be the slowest guy on this team even counting Maatta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad