Saginaw Spirit 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

donjohnson

Jan 29, 2013
Anyone have a discount code for the CHL app?
Usually the Spirit will sell a package that includes either ticket vouchers or a Spirit store gift card. If you are purchasing in the US remember that the price listed is typically in Canadian Dollars so you'll be getting approximately 25% off when you purchase it compared to our Canadian friends.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
If the spirit move Parekh what would the asking price be? Or is it a go for it year?

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
If the spirit move Parekh what would the asking price be? Or is it a go for it year?
0 chance he or misa is moved.

They bought guys like hay last year for a 2 year window. They’ll be going for it again.

Also think about selling tickets. People will pay good money to watch Parekh and misa in their dy+1 and dy respectively.

Especially after winning the Mem cup they should have great attendance this year while still being a great team.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI

if they move him, would obviously be a 2008 1st plus picks.

I don’t think they do move him, but I think they should. Team has a bare draft cupboard and that D is weak enough that we can’t compete with the top teams in the east as is baring any extreme surprises

donjohnson

Jan 29, 2013
if they move him, would obviously be a 2008 1st plus picks.

I don’t think they do move him, but I think they should. Team has a bare draft cupboard and that D is weak enough that we can’t compete with the top teams in the east as is baring any extreme surprises
I've been on record on the Spirit board that Zayne should be moved this year. Ownership will not want to move him but Drinkell has shown (with the Mintuykov move) that he is willing to do what is necessary. The team acquiring Zayne will likely have him for two years (I don't see him making the NHL next year) so the return would be astronomical. It would be a rookie 1st rounder, a boatload of picks and maybe even another depth player. Zayne is a game changer especially at this level and would instantly make another team significantly better.

Reactions: Finster8

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
Hey Saginaw fans! Hounds fan here! Congrats again on the mem cup. I'm green with envy and hope y'all enjoyed the ride.

I'm coming down for a hockey showcase at the end of September (28-29) with my daughters hockey team! Our hotel is in Bay City!

We will be going to the Saginaw game vs. Sarnia so if any members want to have a beer with me reach out via private message. I love junior hockey and am excited to watch a neutral game in "enemy territory".

I'd also be interested in any restaurant suggestions in Bay City if anybody can help out.

Cheers!

Reactions: ZinErie

donjohnson

Jan 29, 2013
Hey Saginaw fans! Hounds fan here! Congrats again on the mem cup. I'm green with envy and hope y'all enjoyed the ride.

I'm coming down for a hockey showcase at the end of September (28-29) with my daughters hockey team! Our hotel is in Bay City!

We will be going to the Saginaw game vs. Sarnia so if any members want to have a beer with me reach out via private message. I love junior hockey and am excited to watch a neutral game in "enemy territory".

I'd also be interested in any restaurant suggestions in Bay City if anybody can help out.

Cheers!
H2O's is your answer...great spot on the river and great food. It's been my favorite Bay City spot since it opened a couple years ago. I'm also a big fan of Tavern 101 on the other side of the river but H2O's would be my recommendation.

If you're staying at the Doubletree or Comfort Inn, Tavern 101 and other good places around there will be walking distance from the hotel.

Reactions: DWI Dale

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI

Cheers!

H20s has good food, pretty expensive but good. Castaways has good bar food as well. If you like Mexican, Los Pinos tacos on the south side of bay city and has the best mexican food in the area. Also if your tournament is bay city at the rink, Tri City Brewing is across the road. No food but I've never met hockey parents dont dont love a beer or 3.

Reactions: DWI Dale

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
H20s has good food, pretty expensive but good. Castaways has good bar food as well. If you like Mexican, Los Pinos tacos on the south side of bay city and has the best mexican food in the area. Also if your tournament is bay city at the rink, Tri City Brewing is across the road. No food but I've never met hockey parents dont dont love a beer or 3.

Unfortunately this hockey parent is also a coach so there won't be too many day drinks for me outside of perhaps an adult beverage at the Spirit game but I'll surely pass the info on to any thirsty parents. ;) Thank you.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Just looking at potential guys that could have career years and some smart trading could get us Two top D with OAs+imports trading Parekh could actually make us better. People have said to me look at all the scoring you’re losing. I say Igor Chernyshov will make up that difference with a better D and MC winning Goalie

Zayne would net us 3-2nds+3-3rds+O8 1st Rder+and all kinds of conditions in his D+2 season if he doesn’t make the NHL.

Last edited:

Slap Shot Rick

Apr 1, 2015
I say Igor Chernyshov will make up that difference with a better D and MC winning Goalie

Zayne would net us 3-2nds+3-3rds+O8 1st Rder+and all kinds of conditions in his D+2 season if he doesn’t make the NHL.

Igor Chernyshov is out with a shoulder injury until the first of the year

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I say Igor Chernyshov will make up that difference with a better D and MC winning Goalie

Igor Chernyshov is out with a shoulder injury until the first of the year
…and when he does show up having not played in some time and having to adjust to NA ice I don’t think he’ll make up the difference of losing Beck, Haight, Bloom, Sapovaliv, Christopolous, Dionicio, Donovan, Hache unless he can score 120pts in 30 games. If he’s able to replace just Sapovaliv you gotta be happy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad