Saginaw Spirit 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
If the memorial cup isn’t a big deal and it’s pointless to win, why are SSM so salty still they aren’t hosting it?
Seriously though. And you guys beat them out. How can they complain about you guys hosting if you beat them out? Like you don’t see us fronts fans complaining. We know you guys were always the best option😂

Good luck tomorrow Saginaw. Rooting for you guys.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
I'm totally salty but would still prefer to enter the memorial cup through the front door as OHL champs... but that's because I can walk and chew gum at the same time.
I think you'll experience that 'soo' n. The Hounds organization does so many things well... Drafting, coaching, etc... I find your brand of hockey very entertaining... I'm drunk right now, but sincere.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
We can also discuss how this backdoor entry has fared in the tournament, and it's easy to see that the Spirit have been impressive, have beaten league champions, and are every bit as good as the other entries.
Precisely what I was attempting to say. Saginaw has been an excellent host team from a competitive standpoint. I do remember the year the Knights hosted we truly did not deserve to be there from a competitive standpoint. Excellent city to host the tournament but we shouldn't have been playing in it. In my opinion anyway!

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Precisely what I was attempting to say. Saginaw has been an excellent host team from a competitive standpoint. I do remember the year the Knights hosted we truly did not deserve to be there from a competitive standpoint. Excellent city to host the tournament but we shouldn't have been playing in it. In my opinion anyway!
I agree... Back then I even said that London should not have hosted... that honour should have gone to Guelph. If memory serves, Guelph pulled out
of the bidding... unable to compete with London $$$.
At times the host team proves their worth (e.g. Saginaw) and at other times no (e. g. London 2014???). Even still, both Saginaw and London (2014? if that was the correct year) are both backdoor entries.

Reactions: Buttsy and LDN

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
I'm totally salty but would still prefer to enter the memorial cup through the front door as OHL champs... but that's because I can walk and chew gum at the same time.

Well you lost to the team who “back doored” their way in so why would you be salty, by your own logic SSM didn’t deserve to be in the tournament, even less so than Saginaw.

Reactions: Finster8

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
Well you lost to the team who “back doored” their way in so why would you be salty, by your own logic SSM didn’t deserve to be in the tournament, even less so than Saginaw.

Saginaw fans are really insecure about the backdoor moniker eh? You are right, the soo did not earn their way into the mem cup, and if you were familiar with my opinions you'd know I predicted a 2nd round exit at the beginning of the season.

But also of consideration, the selection of the host team is based on a myriad of other factors including fan support and local amenities which I feel ssm was superior in both. So there's still plenty to be salty about.

But like I said, I'm capable of walking and chewing gum at the same time. Good luck in the finals!

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Saginaw fans are really insecure about the backdoor moniker eh? You are right, the soo did not earn their way into the mem cup, and if you were familiar with my opinions you'd know I predicted a 2nd round exit at the beginning of the season.

But also of consideration, the selection of the host team is based on a myriad of other factors including fan support and local amenities which I feel ssm was superior in both. So there's still plenty to be salty about.

But like I said, I'm capable of walking and chewing gum at the same time. Good luck in the finals!
‘superior amenities’, are you sure? I’ll guess a big factor was how much $ Dow would pour into the event.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history

And don't forget, The Soo won as a backdoor host in 1993

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
And don't forget, The Soo won as a backdoor host in 1993

Yes and no. We had to earn hosting rights via actual hockey played, but did not win a league championship that season.

‘superior amenities’, are you sure? I’ll guess a big factor was how much $ Dow would pour into the event.

Another factor was the saults on ice product last year and lack of a draft pick war chest. In that regard Saginaw was superior.

Reactions: dirty12

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
One last kick at the can. Sold out and a budding rivalry with our biggest game in franchise history. Win or lose l am proud of how from the GM, HC, Players and Fans have put Saginaw on the CHL map.
60 minutes of hockey to determine who raises the Cup

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Wow is Beck one hell of a player.
Beautiful goal and beautiful hit on Cowan. Also went back door and bloom hit him on a great pass- Simpson great save though.

Just as I’m typing this Haight absolutely undressed Oliver bonk and almost scored the goal of the tournament

Beck another goal on PP

Last edited:
Reactions: dirty12

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
Good job by Beck pulling away Dionicio, but Rodwin needs to get a grip. Be smarter. $1000000 skills and a $0.10 brain.

Reactions: rve24

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad