Post-Game Talk: Sad Storm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

3 Stars

• Blakery Wheeler

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Will Cuylle

• Nicholas Bonino

• Jonny Brodzinski

• Tyler Potluck

• Barclay Goodrow

• Jim Vesey

• Ryan Lindgren

• K'Andre Miller

• Creighton Snyder

• Erik Gustafsson

• Total voters

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Concussions and recovery aren’t standard or linear so no one has any real inside info on whether chytil will recover or not. He could wake up tomorrow and feel great and that could be the “end” of this one
Or it could linger indefintely

It’s of course concerning it hasn’t cleared up and the rangers can’t bank on him getting better this season IMO but no one knows for sure how it’ll end up right now
Exactly believe it or not, Sauer is still feeling the effects of the Phaneuf hit and concussion. Considering the fact that his brothers were forced to give up sports around the same age, one could say the family is predisposed to them. Don't know anything about Chytl's family history, but I would err on the side of caution and call it a season, maybe even an NHL career. And I certainly wouldn't bring him back just for the playoffs.

Dfence033

Nov 24, 2009
Texas
Watching some of these other games tonight, I really want McDavid to get fed up and Trouba his way to the Rangers.

The Oilers run around like headless chickens whether he is on the ice or not, but he still somehow is 1.5PPG for his career. Absolutely amazing talent.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Rewatching the highlights, the situation room/refs have immunity for the rest of the season after that gift. It's stunning. I guess you could say it only adds to the notion that they are incompetent.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
That was a particularly poor performance from the refs tonight. Even for NHL ref standards that was a bad one.

Please I hope we get this Panarin in the playoffs. He’s possessed. When he’s looking to shoot he is such a more dangerous player.

Trocheck continues to be awesome.

Vasy still pretty weak on that blocker side that was all the rage in games 1-2 of that ECF.

Refs were a joke tonight on both sides. Was watching the game at a bar with no sound and every single penalty they called seemed soft as hell. 2 top teams, let the boys play.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
What goal posts?

You made the claim how Kreider is money, and I pointed out not against the Lightning come playoffs.
You didn't point out anything. You bloviated about something that happened in 2015 because I had the temerity to say something nice about one of our best-ever players.

Don't argue with me about Kreider. I thought everyone learned that. I'm louder than you and I'm right.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I mean... we have two players playing LW on the second line... Why not the first line too?
Idk, I would leave it alone. Wheeler sucks but the other two are cooking. When we actually have the bodies available to make meaningful changes, I would address it then.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
shop.profetkeyboards.com
Idk, I would leave it alone. Wheeler sucks but the other two are cooking. When we actually have the bodies available to make meaningful changes, I would address it then.
I think Chytil is out long term.

I think Drury needs to address it sooner rather than later.

Wheeler on the first line is not sustainable.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

Is he really on the first line?

Kreider plays six more minutes per game.

Not only is line numbering bullshit but I'm beginning to think lines in general are bullshit.

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
Kreider is not why we lose series. If we had more of him it would solve our main problem which is that we're usually kind of ass at even strength.

Only in your mind is "Kreider is clutch" a hot take.

Kreider is prone to disappearing acts, playing lethargic, and he had stretches so far this season where he did nothing on the ice: both on the PP and 5v5. Him being inconsistent isn't a made-up critique as that's his game. It's why he only has 1 season where he cracked over 60 points.

He's getting points, Mika woke-up this month, Panarin found a way to turn back the clock...and all of that will mean nothing if we get a repeat of the last 2 postseasons.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Watching some of these other games tonight, I really want McDavid to get fed up and Trouba his way to the Rangers.

The Oilers run around like headless chickens whether he is on the ice or not, but he still somehow is 1.5PPG for his career. Absolutely amazing talent.
He can score at will pretty much. He scored a beauty in the shoot out in LA tonight.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020

What do you mean sooner rather than later? We're in the best position of any team in the league. And you don't think every team in the league has needs? How come deals aren't breaking every minute?

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
shop.profetkeyboards.com
What do you mean sooner rather than later? We're in the best position of any team in the league. And you don't think every team in the league has needs? How come deals aren't breaking every minute?
I know that dealing from strength... selling when players are playing well, is a foreign concept to this fan base, but it is better than the alternative.

Not every team had their 2nd line center fly home to Europe with a long term injury.

In my opinion it's better to settle that hole before the trade deadline. Let the team gel and then you can reevaluate at the trade deadline.

Reactions: Ail

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
I know that dealing from strength... selling when players are playing well, is a foreign concept to this fan base, but it is better than the alternative.

Not every team had their 2nd line center fly home to Europe with a long term injury.

In my opinion it's better to settle that hole before the trade deadline. Let the team gel and then you can reevaluate at the trade deadline.
What players are we selling high on?

edit: and can you provide a couple examples of teams near the top of the standings moving out key players in-season, whether it's selling high or selling medium or selling low. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gardner McKay

Dfence033

Nov 24, 2009
Texas
Kreider is prone to disappearing acts, playing lethargic, and he had stretches so far this season where he did nothing on the ice: both on the PP and 5v5. Him being inconsistent isn't a made-up critique as that's his game. It's why he only has 1 season where he cracked over 60 points.

He's getting points, Mika woke-up this month, Panarin found a way to turn back the clock...and all of that will mean nothing if we get a repeat of the last 2 postseasons.

That describes literally every player... ever. McDavid went through a slump so badly to start this season that even with 35 points in his last 15 games, he is 13 points behind the league leaders, and had 19 points in 13 games last year (meaning he had 140 in the other 69 games). I don't think anyone would say he's anything short of the best player in the world right now.

It's especially true for non-superstars. If there was consistency, they'd be superstars. Kreider is not. But he is probably the best forward the Rangers have ever drafted. At least in my lifetime.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
shop.profetkeyboards.com
What players are we selling high on?
Brodzinski is top of my list... But it's not just about a specific player playing well. Brodzinski is probably just a contract move at this point along with futures.

It's about the team negotiating from a position of strength rather than every other GM knowing that we NEED a top 6 forward within the next 48 hours as the deadline approaches.

I'm a big fan of getting your deadline deals done as early as possible. Especially when you know the holes, but the team is playing well.

Reactions: Ail

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad