Post-Game Talk: Sad Storm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

3 Stars

• Blakery Wheeler

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Will Cuylle

• Nicholas Bonino

• Jonny Brodzinski

• Tyler Potluck

• Barclay Goodrow

• Jim Vesey

• Ryan Lindgren

• K'Andre Miller

• Creighton Snyder

• Erik Gustafsson

• Total voters

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
People have thrown out many times before that Kreider's goal total in elimination games is excess of opportunity and that's simply false.

His 29 such games is tied for 18th all-time. He's tied for first in goals. His performance is actually entirely disproportionate to the opportunity.

Ovechkin has been in 28 such games. Kreider has he and Gretzky beat in goals per game.

Come again?

Reactions: ecemleafs

Dfence033

Nov 24, 2009
Texas
Yeah but the Lightning have Tanner Jeannot who, I am informed, is so good that they traded nine draft picks for him.

I've said it before: That trade was the death knell of whatever was left of their "dynasty." Many said things excusing it because it worked for guys like Hagel, but Jeannot is a meat head who is only marginally more useful than an average 4th liner when he's not shooting 25%. To have traded what they did, then signed him to that extension, was certainly something to behold.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I've said it before: That trade was the death knell of whatever was left of their "dynasty." Many said things excusing it because it worked for guys like Hagel, but Jeannot is a meat head who is only marginally more useful than an average 4th liner when he's not shooting 25%. To have traded what they did, then signed him to that extension, was certainly something to behold.
The Lightning were never that dumb. I'm surprised they didn't notice that he was shooting 25%.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Laffy even after going cold for a stretch is on a 52 pt pace. I think he gets hotter too and I swells to a 55 pt pace. I’m not sure what more you can ask for from a guy who doesn’t get a a drip of PP1 time.

Is he a 70 to 80 plus pt player with that ice time in a few years when some of those vets move out? Probably if he keeps improving like he has.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
TB threw a lot of crap on net but didn’t get many quality chances at all.

Jeannot is hilariously average considering the price they paid for him. So crazy.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Laffy even after going cold for a stretch is on a 52 pt pace. I think he gets hotter too and I swells to a 55 pt pace. I’m not sure what more you can ask for from a guy who doesn’t get a a drip of PP1 time.

Is he a 70 to 80 plus pt player with that ice time in a few years when some of those vets move out? Probably if he keeps improving like he has.
He has to actually get good on the powerplay, which he has improved a bit.

Reactions: egelband

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
He has to actually get good on the powerplay, which he has improved a bit.

That’s just reps though and being on the ice for 130 with the Adam fox’s and Mika’s etc of the world. The guys he plays with and the few secs they get you can’t do much with that.

You cannot be a 65 plus point player in this league without pp1 time. Just not doable

Dfence033

Nov 24, 2009
Texas
The Lightning were never that dumb. I'm surprised they didn't notice that he was shooting 25%.

"Were" being the key word. They apparently became dumb enough, at least for a total of no less than 2 days.

Like most NHL executives, they appear to have fallen in love with the "He's big, he hits, and what if we can somehow keep him shooting the highest percentage in league history for 3.5 seasons??" fallacy.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
"Were" being the key word. They apparently became dumb enough, at least for a total of no less than 2 days.

Like most NHL executives, they appear to have fallen in love with the "He's big, he hits, and what if we can somehow keep him shooting the highest percentage in league history for 3.5 seasons??" fallacy.
Sounds like Chris Kreider LMAO

Dfence033

Nov 24, 2009
Texas
Sounds like Chris Kreider LMAO

Except even with Kreider, you can see why he would have an above average shooting percentage.

I saw plenty of Jeannot in Nashville. Once his 40 game bender to start his NHL career was over, you saw a lot more of "so that's why he was in the ECHL as recently as last season" than "wow, this guy has an elite shot and is a perennial 25g-45p guy!"

Reactions: Machinehead

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

Laf makes a lot by more of plays away from the puck that lead to chances than he has in years past. I think another couple months playing with panarin and they will be humming in the playoffs. Feel like they’ve been a split second away from 5-10 more points each.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
That was a particularly poor performance from the refs tonight. Even for NHL ref standards that was a bad one.

Please I hope we get this Panarin in the playoffs. He’s possessed. When he’s looking to shoot he is such a more dangerous player.

Trocheck continues to be awesome.

Vasy still pretty weak on that blocker side that was all the rage in games 1-2 of that ECF.

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
No. Read it again.

You don't remember someone who gets them as consistently as Kreider does, I bring up our playoffs frugality against them, and then you bring up some greats and try to stack them against Kreider.

He has scored the most goals for the Rangers come playoffs...but a little expected when you play 20 more games then the other guys on the list.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
You don't remember someone who gets them as consistently as Kreider does, I bring up our playoffs frugality against them, and then you bring up some greats and try to stack them against Kreider.

He has scored the most goals for the Rangers come playoffs...but a little expected when you play 20 more games then the other guys on the list.
But he hasn't. And we're not looking at the same list.

I want you to read my post until you figure out what list I'm looking at.

Hint: the number "7" was not in anything I posted.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
If we play like this in the playoffs, we're in the conversation.

Just think we need a bit of scoring depth to be a bit less top heavy.
We need at least one of Kakko or Chytil back, if not both, and then make our version of Lehkonen to Colorado trade to add one more top 9 piece. If we can do that, we’re cooking with gas in the playoffs imo.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
That was a particularly poor performance from the refs tonight. Even for NHL ref standards that was a bad one.

Please I hope we get this Panarin in the playoffs. He’s possessed. When he’s looking to shoot he is such a more dangerous player.

Trocheck continues to be awesome.

Vasy still pretty weak on that blocker side that was all the rage in games 1-2 of that ECF.
Tampa probably feels the same. Honestly the goal that was waved off should have counted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad