Confirmed with Link: Sabres sign Marcus Johansson 2yrs 9mil (4.5 AAV)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
One step closer to seeing that proverbial asshat in Rochester all year. Sobotka does literally nothing for this team that someone like Girgensons cannot, which is take defensive zone draws if Larsson is kicked out of the circle, lay a hit in the wall, make an inlet pass at a fraction of the cost. I'm good on taking a 7th for him.

Don’t put that sour loafer anywhere near the kids.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
We now have a ridiculous amount of LW options.

Skinner
MoJo
Vesey
Olofsson
CJ Smith
Sheary
Girgs
Wilson
Sobotka

Well, Olofsson is a righty and the natural right handed compliment to Mittelstadt on the third line with Sheary. I'd be really happy with a 2nd line center between Johansson and Reinhart, and then a third line of Sheary, Mittelstadt and Olofsson. We're getting closer to the end result we need to be in contention for sure. Here's hoping Mr. Soft Britches "Hutton" stays on his pads next year :D

Reactions: Mitts888

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Well, Olofsson is a righty and the natural right handed compliment to Mittelstadt on the third line with Sheary. I'd be really happy with a 2nd line center between Johansson and Reinhart, and then a third line of Sheary, Mittelstadt and Olofsson. We're getting closer to the end result we need to be in contention for sure. Here's hoping Mr. Soft Britches "Hutton" stays on his pads next year :D
Olofsson is a lefty not a righty and plays left wing.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Expect Harrington to come up an angle to write that this signing absolutely, positively guarantees that Ristolainen is being traded.

Harrington on Vesey's call comment bringing up his decision to ultimately not sign with the Sabres. What a f***ing cow. The kid had a right to choose where he wanted to play.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
One step closer to seeing that proverbial asshat in Rochester all year. Sobotka does literally nothing for this team that someone like Girgensons cannot, which is take defensive zone draws if Larsson is kicked out of the circle, lay a hit in the wall, make an inlet pass at a fraction of the cost. I'm good on taking a 7th for him.
Sobotka is the George Costanza of the NHL. He doesn't really do anything at his job but people keep hiring him.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Sobotka is the George Costanza of the NHL. He doesn't really do anything at his job but people keep hiring him.

Following the Sabres 8-game losing streak, on April 3rd 2019 Sobotka requested a meeting with Jason and Phil.

"You guys are morons. Absolute idiots," said Sobotka. "8 games losing in a row, is this a joke? I'm done. I'm joining Patrik and getting out of here. Dont expect me to be in this town tomorrow, I'm out"

Friday, April 5th following the Sabres 5-2 victory over the Ottawa Senators, Vladmir steps onto the ice for the Sabres' morning skate. After about 45 minutes Housley notices Vlad's presence.

"What is Sobotka doing here? Didn't you quit?"

"That?" Sobotka replies. "You thought I was serious? Oh man, Larry get a load of this guy. He took it seriously, it was a joke. Have a sense of humor. Ok, who am I playing with tonight?"

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya

I'd rather he not take up a veteran spot/be around the young guys in Rochester...

Reactions: brian_griffin

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Harrington on Vesey's call comment bringing up his decision to ultimately not sign with the Sabres. What a ****ing cow. The kid had a right to choose where he wanted to play.

Mike acts like many locals who have never either taken the opportunity to look elsewhere or never felt the urge to do so. I know he would probably discount it since I don’t have a journalism degree from a Jesuit school that’s not famous for its journalists however I am an expatriate who has left and returned from Western New York more than once in the last 30 years. There is definitely a parochial feel among friends I have left there regarding the area.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
Vet guy who is versatile and can move around the lineup a bit. Hopefully brings some sorely lacking vet leadership. Basically what Berglund was supposed to be for about the same money and term. Good signing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad