Confirmed with Link: Sabres Sign G James Reimer to 1-year, $1 million Deal; On Waivers 10/6/2024

alehman42

Sponsor
Apr 13, 2015
Uhm no. Some have their beliefs and whether you or anyone like it or not they are entitled to their opinions.

edit: And I am not religious at all.

As a gay man, I say enthusiastically and without remorse: F*ck him.

(Full disclosure: I am willing to mean that literally if he's down 🤷 )

• Haha
Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Strange decision to waive Reimer so soon - but surely it's better than having the three head goalie monster debacle?

Levi did look great albeit for just one game. I don't like having two young guys but UPL-Levi are undoubtedly the best tandem on merit.

So long as he's not claimed I'm perfectly fine with Reimer as an organisational #3. I don't think it's a given that he's claimed.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Strange decision to waive Reimer so soon - but surely it's better than having the three head goalie monster debacle?

Levi did look great albeit for just one game. I don't like having two young guys but UPL-Levi are undoubtedly the best tandem on merit.

So long as he's not claimed I'm perfectly fine with Reimer as an organisational #3. I don't think it's a given that he's claimed.
I'm OK with the decision if he clears.

If he gets claimed and Sandstrom is the new organizational third....

:confused:

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Been saying that Reimer would be in Rochester since the day we signed him :dunno:

If he does get claimed I assume Housecat gets an NHL contract.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
And just like that we are entitled to think whatever we want about people who hold these opinions. So yes, f*** homophobes.

I don't know the background around Reimer, but if he doesn't want to wear a politicized jersey, that is his right. People shouldn't squawk when someone refuses the military one. I want my team to be open to the gay community and welcoming but there is a lot of nuance in the discussion beyond just being pro-gay marriage, Some people have strong opinions on the transgender issue and it's possible to be pro gay rights and not agree with everything the current flag represents.

Reactions: WiHockeyGuy

WiHockeyGuy

Jan 6, 2017
The Dairy State
Uhm no. Some have their beliefs and whether you or anyone like it or not they are entitled to their opinions.

edit: And I am not religious at all.
Christian man holds Christian beliefs, news at 11. Should be a non-issue but hey, this probably isn't the forum to delve that deep into this.

All that said, surprised they waived him, but this team makes no sense so...

Reactions: Der Jaeger

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm

Sends clear message to team. Best play.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

I believe NHL rosters get finalized today. It makes sense to send him through when a lot of other players are going through at the same time.

Reactions: Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad