Confirmed with Link: Sabres Sign G James Reimer to 1-year, $1 million Deal; On Waivers 10/6/2024, Claimed by Anaheim

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
We're Sabres fans. We know what happens next. UPL and Levi both get hurt Thursday night, we're forced to EBUG the 3rd period and then we have Felix Sandstrom as our starter for like a month while Michael Houser backs him up and then Rochester signs some scrub off the street while they lose every game 10-9.

It's foretold in the stars.
Or we just trade for a stopgap goalie if that happens for a 5 or 6 that’s just as good or better than Reimer

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Maybe this is about liking the kid. Rstzlaf. For roc. He fared pretty well in preseason. I'm clueless but seems their aware of their move. Maybe have deal in place should two young goalies who toughened up past two years not handle some contact this year . Maybe their idiots. But Upl proved w levi the three goalie shit messed them up. Ruff must need the competition here without loss continuity , more than the insurance.

Has an edge of the knife decision we may or may not regret.

Has the feel of 3 longer timed pass plays w risk of self timeout and or , safety from critics for exactly similar results running the gut w quick t out , 3 . Easy speculation and hindsight w loss of goalie and game .

Maybe both decisions bare fruit in the long run. Maybe not. Maybe wind and ice.

Ratzlaff is in the WHL or the NHL this year. He can’t play for Rochester until Seattle’s season is done.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Meh. If you're down to your third goalie for a decent length of time, you're more than likely screwed anyways. I'd assume most organizations 3rd goalie aren't backup material, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong. It was nice having the goalie depth, but I do have faith Levi, so while I'm disappointed...I'm not jumping off the ledge, either.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Not arguing that point. That is why I am wondering what else a two-way contract would indicate other than different salaries.

Maybe a social media typo?

more:

It's either a social media typo or PuckPedia has the data wrong.

Although, this doesn't mention it being a two-way deal at all, either...

Given that they edited the post, my guess is that they updated it to not say it was a two-way deal because that was not the case.

:dunno:

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Hm was there a necessity roster spot wise to do it now since the injuries happen or was he gambling he would make it through?

I probably would have liked them to carry Reimer a bit longer, at least through the first month, to see how things are going.

I wonder what he was told by Adams since he bought a house in the area.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Hm was there a necessity roster spot wise to do it now since the injuries happen or was he gambling he would make it through?

I probably would have liked them to carry Reimer a bit longer, at least through the first month, to see how things are going.

I wonder what he was told by Adams since he bought a house in the area.
They obviously decided that trying to get Reimer through was the smarter choice than sending Gilbert or Bryson down instead.

They had to waive 3 of Rousek, Clague, Reimer, Bryson, and Gilbert to get down to 23 with NAK going on IR and choosing to keep Kulich up.

michaelsaas

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Beaumont, TX
We're Sabres fans. We know what happens next. UPL and Levi both get hurt Thursday night, we're forced to EBUG the 3rd period and then we have Felix Sandstrom as our starter for like a month while Michael Houser backs him up and then Rochester signs some scrub off the street while they lose every game 10-9.

It's foretold in the stars.
Totally unrelated but I was wondering the other day, why can't Biron be the org's EBUG? Is there any rule preventing that?

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
We need a good goalie in Rochester so they can develop properly. I don’t like the two we have their now…probably won’t be good enough.

Why can’t Adams just overpay for a solid minor league guy like Subban? Oh yeah, other teams are offering him more money and Pegula won’t overpay.

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
If it was that easy, the Ducks likely would have gone that route as opposed to trying to get Reimer via waivers.
They didn’t need to
Bc they knew waivers was an option - unlike every other time of year this a a hard deadline where multiple teams have to waive some decent players and goalies. Can’t just pretend that roster cutdown time is the same as the rest of the year

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
We need a good goalie in Rochester so they can develop properly. I don’t like the two we have their now…probably won’t be good enough.

Why can’t Adams just overpay for a solid minor league guy like Subban? Oh yeah, other teams are offering him more money and Pegula won’t overpay.
Wasn’t he going to pay reimer a million dollars to play on roch??? You think subbing is getting more than that?

Meichel Kane

My Name Is
Jun 6, 2006
I don't have an opinion on Reimer as a player, but very silly mismanagement by Adams. Send Levi down for a week, and Anaheim looks elsewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad