Confirmed with Link: Sabres Sign G James Reimer to 1-year, $1 million Deal; On Waivers 10/6/2024, Claimed by Anaheim

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Reactions: Chainshot

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Idk what you guys are worried about but there’s no reason for it. Reimer ain’t staying on our roster once Gibson is back in a few weeks and can get reclaimed

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I don’t get it, what has he proven? He had an .899 in the NHL last year
Right now I'm pretty confident in thinking Levi is a better NHL goalie than James Reimer. Which is what matters most.

The only worry is that I'd have liked a guy with Reimer's experience in the room. It would also have been great to have him as a #3 but it was out of Adams' hands if another team claims him.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
So, the organizational 3rd played 6 games in a 68 game season.

UPL and Levi better stay healthy and productive. If they don't, there is no safety net left.
Right Jim. It's going to be impossible to make ANY other move for a goalie if/when that situation arises....

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
As soon as you try and send a waiver claim down, they go on waivers with their original team having first shot.
The original team does not have special waiver priority when a player who was claimed on waivers is re-waived during the same season. Waiver priority is the same as usual (based on the previous season's standings until November 1, based on the current season's standings after that), however if the original team is the only team to place a claim when the player is waived again, then they can send the player down to the AHL without his having to clear waivers.

Edit: So, even if Reimer is re-waived when Gibson returns, and the Sabres can claim him back, they cannot send him down to Rochester, without his being placed on waivers again and then clearing, unless they are the only team to place a claim at that time.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Why this conclusion? I think most people here thought Levi would go to Rochester and play a lot there. Reimer hasn't played in the AHL in many years and was a normal backup.

You can't have a plan to sign Reimer and then send him to Rochester because he just won't get there and they'll take him, I just knew it would happen. But now Rochester doesn't have a starter and Buffalo doesn't have a good number 3, and it's unclear how many games Levi will get.

This whole situation in itself looks funny and stupid to Adams.
I saw it as insurance in the event Levi looked off in pre-season and possibly the NJD. He looked more than ready, so thus waive Reimer. My stance is I prefer Levi in Rochester for one more year but seems like Reimer was an emergency parachute they didn't need to pull.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I saw it as insurance in the event Levi looked off in pre-season and possibly the NJD. He looked more than ready, so thus waive Reimer. My stance is I prefer Levi in Rochester for one more year but seems like Reimer was an emergency parachute they didn't need to pull.
Levi has looked good to start a season before then trailed off. Hopefully now that he has more pro experience it won’t be an issue.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
It's nothing agreed. But it's death but a thousand cuts with Sabres over and over and over again. Just small things and they add up. It's just not a well-run organization.
This feels more like fans blowing up something rather insignificant. The reality was Levi was gunna play the non UPL games and Rochester games. Reimer was an emergency parachute. Hopefully Sandstorm looks ok in Rochester, if not, Houser is more than capable and Adams can go AHL goalie hunting.

I would still love to take a look at Copley of he is healthy.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Idk what you guys are worried about but there’s no reason for it. Reimer ain’t staying on our roster once Gibson is back in a few weeks and can get reclaimed
What if he plays lights out? I doubt he's going on waivers then..because that would be just our luck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad