Confirmed with Link: Sabres open 2024-25 season in Prague, Czechia vs NJ Devils + Preseason game vs RB Munich

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Casey played very well for them in preseason so it will be interesting to see if his level of play stays as high as the opponents round out with full NHL rosters. Given his history, he seems like a good bet to keep it up.

The Devils appear to be leaning into a lot of puck movement in the same way Buffalo will. If Siegenthaler is back to form and the addition of Pesce, they have a couple of excellent play killers. Hamilton's absence last year was also a big blow, pushes everyone down a spot on the depth chart now that he's back.

Markstrom-Allen is also the best net tandem they've had in years. It'll be a test for sure.
I’m just talking about two two games - I do think they’re clearly a better team than Buffalo with Pesce and Hughes but I’m hopeful for these first two since they look even on paper.

Regarding Casey, that’s annoying to hear. I think I guaranteed he wouldn’t be an impact player so that’s looks like another whiff for me in the “projecting defensemen” category.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I don’t think the team is sending these guys, they just wanted to go. Im sure there’s a seat for Dom at any game he wants to see.

I agree. I'll be shocked if Dom isn't at one or both games. This was just a practice visit but it's still cool to see them. I bet Ruff can tell the current kids stories about all three - and they can tell them stories about playing for Ruff!

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I agree. I'll be shocked if Dom isn't at one or both games. This was just a practice visit but it's still cool to see them. I bet Ruff can tell the current kids stories about all three - and they can tell them stories about playing for Ruff!
Kotalik seems like he’s a huge Sabres fan still, follows the team closely. I’d love to know if Spacek is doing likewise, and what he thinks of the defense this year.

Reactions: Dingo44

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Surprised Buffalo didn't send Dom out there.

I don’t think the team is sending these guys, they just wanted to go. Im sure there’s a seat for Dom at any game he wants to see.

Hasek might be boycotting the NHL. He was very vocal about Russian players shouldn’t be allowed to play without condemning the war in the Ukraine.

Edit:

A quick google search shows that yes, that is the reason:

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
While I disagree with Dom on this i can respect his decision.

It feels like an extreme position, but it's hard to put myself in his shoes. He grew up in the Eastern Bloc and the current war is a potential existential threat to himself and his country. The distance between the Czech Republic and Ukraine is about the same as the distance between Buffalo and Cincinnati.

Reactions: michaelsaas

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
FB_IMG_1727986420503.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad