GDT: Toronto @ Detroit - Oct 3 7pm SN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Skullz

Jul 5, 2013
Finally some Niemala. He will also be on PP1, so interesting to see how that goes.

Do we read into Lily being with the Marlies defencemen? Seems hard for me to believe that he won't be on the team.

Reactions: banks

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
I'm interested in seeing Grebyonkin, Robertson, and Patio-ready. Feels like at least one of these guys will be on the opening night roster. But they'll have to take that spot from eachother. Grebyonking is pretty much a dark horse at this point.

On the blueline, I'm wondering if Liljegren has a pulse.

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
1727970139339.png

Not good news for Lily.
everyone else gets the day off.

Trade Bait? Need to find a partner for him on the third line?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
The NHL regular season starts tomorrow.

Can't wait, although it is weird that Buffalo and NJ are playing real games and everybody else is still in pre season.

Makes this global series extra important because 30 teams are going to start with 2 games in hand on NJ and Buffalo

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021
A super minor gripe, but what’s the point of playing Kampf on the pp? That will never happen so why bother with the reps? Wouldn’t it make more sense to put in the development time/practice into someone like Quillan?
That unit looks like it was put together to test out Robo vs Patches vs Cowan as middle six shooter options. Kampf will win faceoffs and support possession - help them get a better look.

Reactions: DragoGrizzly

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Robertson playing every pre-season game. Seems a lot. But he is doing well they are trying to keep him going

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
That unit looks like it was put together to test out Robo vs Patches vs Cowan as middle six shooter options. Kampf will win faceoffs and support possession - help them get a better look.

As strange as it might sound, but it's going to be Robertson on that Powerplay distributing the puck. It will be him and Niemela near the top, moving the puck around. That isn't to say that he won't have the opportunity to shoot, but he will be the PPQB.

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
Finally some Niemala. He will also be on PP1, so interesting to see how that goes.

Do we read into Lily being with the Marlies defencemen? Seems hard for me to believe that he won't be on the team.
I'm starting to believe that people are putting Benoit-Timmins over Rifai-Lil purely because of Benoit, but I think it may honestly be Rifai coming in and stealing the spot, so the pairs should be flipped.

Tonight Rifai-Lil will be the #1 pair against a good chunk of NHLers and they can really see what that pairing might do. Feels like a good audition for them both, not a death sentence.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad