GDT: Sabres @ Hawks 10/19/24 7pm Chsn

scorehawks

Feb 13, 2021
Should LuRich have put Smith (he of the hot hand in the game) out as 6th attacker instead of Bertuzzi? Some players some nights are feeling it. Just a thought.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Connor Bedard now shooting a p-poor 3.38% over last 20 NHL GP ...

I repeat ...ONLY 3.38% shooting efficiency over last 14 games of last season plus 6 more GP this season after this last game

The once Generational shooter talent is mired in a very long stretch of very futile shooting efficiency...

You cannot hide the facts!

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Bedard's putting up points despite a currently poor shooting percentage. I'd rather a guy put up points having an unsustainable low shooting percentage over one with an unsustainable high one.

I will say though, that Bedard needs to either improve his one-timer, or simply utilize it a hell of a lot more. Having an elite wrister is awesome, but teams know to keep a close gap on him and take away time and space. With him having Teuvo by his side now, would love to see him wind up more often instead of needing to take the time to use his wrist shot; especially because his wrister can take a second to get off because he's generally pulling the puck in closer to him to change the angle.

Still, with that kid's skill, it shouldn't be tough to correct. And it should help his goal scoring a bit.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Connor Bedard now shooting a p-poor 3.38% over last 20 NHL GP ...

I repeat ...ONLY 3.38% shooting efficiency over last 14 games of last season plus 6 more GP this season after this last game

The once Generational shooter talent is mired in a very long stretch of very futile shooting efficiency...

You cannot hide the facts!

Just say you hate Bedard already.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I do not hate Bedard..I amvery concerned about his goal numbers/shooting %...

He has helped both Foligno and TT to score goals ...both have 3 goals in 6GP...but honestly you do notvexpect each to finish at 41 goals each ifvthey play 82 games with hom...
Note that both Foligno and Tt are shooting g above what they will finish at ...Foligno is shooting 18.8% and TT over 21%..You know they will revert to a lower mean.

But Bedard is shooting only 5.26% (1/19) in the first 6GP this sesson ...add 1/40 over last 14 GP last season= 2 goals on his last 59 shots over last 20GP. (3.389%)

These are just terrible numbers... overxalk of the games he played last season hecwas 10.9%...but it iscthrse lastx20GP that the shooting efficiency has gone into the toilet.

While we expect Bedard to revert UP to a better mean ,even IF he getscto 10.9% again ,that is not very special.

The good goal scorers have much better shooting%t than even that level..

The longer Bedard stays stuck at such a Terrible shooting gvefficiency we have witnessed over the last 20GP,,it means dreamsvofxa special high goal scorer for him appear to be a pipe-dream.

I do not hate Bedard...but the facts are over hisvkast 20GP only 2 goals and just a 3.389 shooting % which for any 1C in the league us just terrible over any 20 games sample.

No criticism on his assist efficiency ...but definitely deserves criticism on the poor shooting/finishing over his last 20GP ..

So I am concerned.

Calling him out...start producing goals like expectation was when we drafted him.

Putt Pirate

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 15, 2015

He has helped both Foligno and TT to score goals ...both have 3 goals in 6GP...but honestly you do notvexpect each to finish at 41 goals each ifvthey play 82 games with hom...
Note that both Foligno and Tt are shooting g above what they will finish at ...Foligno is shooting 18.8% and TT over 21%..You know they will revert to a lower mean.

But Bedard is shooting only 5.26% (1/19) in the first 6GP this sesson ...add 1/40 over last 14 GP last season= 2 goals on his last 59 shots over last 20GP. (3.389%)

These are just terrible numbers... overxalk of the games he played last season hecwas 10.9%...but it iscthrse lastx20GP that the shooting efficiency has gone into the toilet.

While we expect Bedard to revert UP to a better mean ,even IF he getscto 10.9% again ,that is not very special.

The longer Bedard stays stuck at such a Terrible shooting gvefficiency we have witnessed over the last 20GP,,it means dreamsvofxa special high goal scorer for him appear to be a pipe-dream.

I do not hate Bedard...but the facts are over hisvkast 20GP only 2 goals and just a 3.389 shooting % which for any 1C in the league us just terrible over any 20 games sample.

No criticism on his assist efficiency ...but definitely deserves criticism on the poor shooting/finishing over his last 20GP ..

So I am concerned.

Calling him out...start producing goals like expectation was when we drafted him.
Concerned about what?!?! You are making up shit in your head to worry about.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
That's great but I often think that fans are so preoccupied with points scored that they tend to ignore the overall game of certain players. In Bedard's case, I think consistency is something he needs to concentrate on. I see less of the "junior hockey plays" but they still exist in his game. Learning to play in the NHL with so little time and space is not easy for any teenager, especially when your wingers are not first line players.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Concerned about what?!?! You are making up shit in your head to worry about.
I think he explained it thoroughly. Shooting under 6% is not exactly earth shattering for a first overall pick described by some as a "generational" goal scorer. Of course, he is still a teenager with questionable line mates and playing for a pretty shitty team, but I think if you asked Bedard he would admit some frustration in not burying his chances.

Crow

May 19, 2014

So I am concerned.

Sandwiched in that period, which I have no idea why you are including any of last year to begin with, is 5 goals in a small number of games/shots in the world championships. I don’t know how many I can’t find stats.

Just seems like variance to me, a lull, though he obviously needs to work on getting some better shots off.

statswatcher

the smartest guy in athens knows he's dumb
Jul 27, 2022
I think he explained it thoroughly. Shooting under 6% is not exactly earth shattering for a first overall pick described by some as a "generational" goal scorer. Of course, he is still a teenager with questionable line mates and playing for a pretty shitty team, but I think if you asked Bedard he would admit some frustration in not burying his chances.
he explained it so thoroughly that he explained the concept of "regression to the mean", which is coincidentally also the concept which renders this concern a nothingburger.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
he explained it so thoroughly that he explained the concept of "regression to the mean", which is coincidentally also the concept which renders this concern a nothingburger.
Admittedly, I don't read all of his posts... just the gist of the scribbling but why not discuss his "concern" rather than whatever the f*** you're doing?

statswatcher

the smartest guy in athens knows he's dumb
Jul 27, 2022
Admittedly, I don't read all of his posts... just the gist of the scribbling but why not discuss his "concern" rather than whatever the f*** you're doing?
i don't make a habit of responding to things that don't warrant a response. bedard is shooting roughly 10% on his career. i expect he will end the season somewhere around there. it doesn't particularly bother me what buzzwords people used to describe him as a prospect, or whether or not he's living up to them. having 19 year old PPG center with a snakebitten sh% is far from concerning to me. posting about it slightly more than every other post is silly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad