GDT: Sabres @ Hawks 10/19/24 7pm Chsn

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
i-pretend-i-do-not-see-it-i-do-not-see-it.png

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
A pretty good game altogether. Reichel showed he still has a shot at being an NHLer. Hawks controlled play. Was close to the final minute. Didn't hurt the tank any.

Just a shame Bedard was held off the score sheet.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
1C (Bedard ) Fail...only 2 SHOG ...no points by his line...
2C Fail (Kurashev) only 1SHOG ...no points by his line.

3C Fail (Dickinson ) Zero SHOG ...no pints by his line..

= a Top 9 big Fail..

Depending on 4th line wine games is asking too much..When 4th linevis your best linevof the noght and produces 2 goals ,they are wasted when the top 3clinrs Fail so miserably to beat a goalie.

So pretty easy to blame top 3 lines for no shows tonight.

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
I’d give Reichel a few games on the top line. I mean, it can’t be Foligno all year. If Reichel can still play with that jam, it could be magic.
The Hawks are a better team this year, but they still don't have enough o power on the top 3 lines. Against the Sharks, they should have had more goals, especially on the 5 on 3s. Against the Sabres, Reichel came alive but the Hawks got nothing from the top two lines. That's the reason the Hawks will be a lottery team again this year because game-to-game so far they just don't score enough. Its a roster thing.

Can the Hawks get someone better than Hall and AA to play on this team without giving up too much? Is it too soon to call up Nazar? If you say its too soon to do either, then get ready to be disappointed all year because the 30 to 40 extra goals that is beyond the skill of this roster as it is will be the reason why they are a sub-500 team.

Last edited:

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
A pretty good game altogether. Reichel showed he still has a shot at being an NHLer. Hawks controlled play. Was close to the final minute. Didn't hurt the tank any.

Just a shame Bedard was held off the score sheet.
Reichel had one of his better games. He needs to show up on the scorecard though.

Last edited:

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Why is why Hall needs to rejoin line 1 where the offensive talent is. And by tonight's performance, 98 isn't getting the offensive support he needs either. Trying them again together only makes sense to me.
They don’t work together at all. Hall has never worked well with high end talent, and that experiment should not be tried. Even when he won the hart, his linemates were plugs. He’s a one track mind who works best when his linemates stay out of his way.

[mod]

One, if you’re gonna develop him as a fourth liner, just let him go. There’s no point to that and is not at all helpful. Two, he has actual skill to be able to play with Bedard and TT and not botch every pass like say Hall will.

Now, before that happens, they need to sit Reichel down and have him understand that this will not work if he doesn’t play exactly like he has the past two games. There’s a major opportunity for him and he needs to truly grab hold this time or he’ll just go back to the press box.

Giving Foligno and Hall these opportunities no questions asked makes no sense. Because by the time the Hawks are ready to compete, they’ll both be long gone. And then we’ll be bitching about how none of these kids have any experience and look lost because guess what? Vets blocked them the whole time so they had no room to develop.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad