GDT: Sabres @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Bahl should come out before him.
I wouldn’t mind that but Bahl has played 12 games now and been solid lately so it’s unlikely. Okhotiuk was probably better tonight but he wasn’t too bad. I’ve liked Okhotiuk better for some time now but have to to give it to Bahl that he’s been pretty solid. They probably both deserve to play more than smith.

Reactions: Tao Jersey Jones

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I’d be pissed. I like Fitz and I feel like he has the right idea and vision about how to build this team. With that being said, I’ll understand it if it’s because he keeps the staff too long.
The easiest no-brainer move he can make (and it's basically ''Free'' outside of the fact that ownership are gonna have to pay him and not wipe their asses with his salary) is firing this staff. It's not gonna cost us any draft picks to fire this staff. We don't have to sign or trade anybody to fire this staff.

This is 1985-1986 levels of points percentage. Two years in a row.

We all know goaltending is the biggest problem, but I think we've seen enough of these guys than to go in there another year with them.

Reactions: Devs3cups

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
So basically we’ve gotten HORRIBLE goaltending in like 33% of our games lol. Bad goaltending is probably way higher.

lol We just had one of our best 5 game goaltending stretches of the season. On MP it was -0.049, -0.118, and -0.323 saved above expected then our 2nd best game of the year with 2.312 saved above expected. Then -2.13 saved above expected tonight. Our best 5 game goaltending stretch of the season is 3 pretty average games, 1 well above average and 1 well below average with a combined -0.308 saved above expected...

Early March we had a better one with a 1.867 saved above expected. Before that we have to go back to mid November to find a better one than we just got.

Last edited:

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Nikita went off
FQ6ZKdvXwAACPCk

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I just watched the Okposo goal again and it was horrible.

This would probably be a top-3 or top-4 softy of the year.

It was worse than when Buffalo scored from center ice on Schneider 3 years ago here at home.

That one at least went in way quicker and hopped a bunch.

Reactions: NjdevilfanJim

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
What’s super depressing is that we suffer through a frustrating / shitty season where we were out of the playoff race before Christmas , and odds are we finish just high enough in the standings to miss out drafting a player if massive massive need ( RHD ) in Jiricek and Nemec . Slafkovsky is going to be long gone before we pick . Man this sucks but maybe we get some good karma or something going and win the lotto . This blows

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I just watched the Okposo goal again and it was horrible.

This would probably be a top-3 or top-4 softy of the year.

It was worse than when Buffalo scored from center ice on Schneider 3 years ago here at home.

That one at least went in way quicker and hopped a bunch.

Was there anything tricky about that? That looked like a muffin from before the blue line. No crazy speeds or bounces.

It's awful

Reactions: Bleedred

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
What’s super depressing is that we suffer through a frustrating / shitty season where we were out of the playoff race before Christmas , and odds are we finish just high enough in the standings to miss out drafting a player if massive massive need ( RHD ) in Jiricek and Nemec . Slafkovsky is going to be long gone before we pick . Man this sucks but maybe we get some good karma or something going and win the lotto . This blows
We could still get one of them if we finish where we are or Slafkovsky with a lucky lottery win. We could still also fall into 3rd last behind Philly and Seattle who are 2 and 3 points behind us.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
We've had more than our fair share of lottery luck in recent years. I do really hope we land a RHD, but whoever we pick will be a good prospect.

Reactions: Devs3cups

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Depressing is being old and shitty without a draft pick like Chicago. This core really doesn’t need another blue chip prospect imo, but we’re likely getting one. As bad as this year is, I’m so hopeful for the future. It just feels different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad