GDT: Sabres @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's a small sample size but I think Hammond's ugliest games are the ugliest we have seen from a goalie. His best games are better then Gilles but his worst are as bad, if not worse.

Gilles I constantly ask to just make a save. Hammond I have been asking "how did you let that in?!?"

Dude is letting in some insane stinkers
We've had some BAD ones go in the net this year, but that first goal is a top-5 softy of the year in the entire league and I think that safely beats out Bellamare's goal on Gillies from February for softest goal against the Devils this year.

And the second goal was probably softy of the night caliber if not for the his softy of the year candidate about 30 seconds before that.

Even though it was a rebound, he had a good chance to shut that down on the second try. That was like Boqvist on Lehner bad.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
We've had some BAD ones go in the net this year, but that first goal is a top-5 softy of the year in the entire league and I think that safely beats out Bellamare's goal on Gillies from February for softest goal against the Devils this year.

And the second goal was probably softy of the night caliber if not for the his softy of the year candidate about 30 seconds before that.

Even though it was a rebound, he had a good chance to shut that down on the second try. That was like Boqvist on Lehner bad.

A short handed goal from above the blue line is just next level bad.

A peewee goalie is stopping that

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There hasn’t been a good goal against Hammond yet. All 4 have been mistakes. He made some tough stops but it’s like lack of concentration or something that’s cost him 4 times. Flukey plays okay but easy stops if you are focused at those moments, I would have thought.
I thought the third goal was kind of not really a bad one, but maybe it was?

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Show me a goalie that hasn't let in an absolute whopper like Hammond's first and I'll show you someone who has never actually played goal. Happens to the best of them.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Dude injuries are a major cause for poor play. It's been happening since sports were invented.

These guys aren't robots. Just don't just shove a slurry down his throat and he is simply fine and dandy
It’s been 27 games. If we were talking about the first 5-10 games sure. But for his injury with the time he missed it is not a good excuse for poor play after 27 games.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I take it back because I watched the replay. A shooter tutor DOES stop the first goal.

He should never play another NHL minute again on that goal alone
I wanna say this is his Swan Song in the NHL, but he'll probably play a game this weekend.

It's just a question of if it's Blackwood and Hammond splitting or maybe Gillies and Hammond splitting.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
At least Hammond shows flashes of NHL capable goaltending . Guy hasn’t played in the NHL for long stretches , of course he is going to be inconsistent. I’m not saying he isn’t garbage , but we are being a tad hard on him all things considered . Yes he has let in a bunch of shit goals but he had in a handful of NHL games this year and was injured . I doubt he will ever play in the NHL again though due to his recent play ( and rightfully so ) but he wasn’t really out in a great spot though . Rusty plus not that good = disaster . If he had a full training camp and wasn’t rusty id day he would at least be somewhat respectable and a borderline backup ( but not quite good enough ) instead of being garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad