GDT: Sabres @ Columbus 7 PM ET TV:MSG Radio:WGR550

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Cozens has nearly 300 NHL games played.

Thompson has nearly 400 and Dahlin well over 400 games.

Cozens is the youngest and he's going to be 24 soon. Thompson is 27. Dahlin is 24.

They're not young or inexperienced anymore. Not really. Using those excuses is a crutch at this point.
23 24 is young , no personal life stability and depends how young like cozens based on trauma and setbacks. Emotional development in small town etc. benson seems more grounded growing up in carny environment. Raym Davis is emotionally way older than cozens despite being the same age . So is our new bills dt.

Ragging on them here doesn’t help.

Maturity might be just slight ego death admitting your are not special and this can all go away. Eichel was a petulant young lady til his neck and being surrounded by vets that were scumbags like prison put him in his place.

Skinner didn’t help , we’ve had no grizzled vets and that’s on Kevyn.

Give our team of little lord talented Fauntleroy twenty games w Lindy Ruff before throwing them under the bus. Hopefully Lindy is well enough to mind fook them into consistency. The team is clearly capable. Despite all you martyrs and ptsd patient here and worse on other boards.

Josh Allen was told no and grew up and grew up more now.

I agree the contracts for cozens power and dahlin didn’t help their development.

Give Ruff a chance. In NJ jack hughes actually cried and pouted during playoff games the pressure on lord Fauntleroy is real. I wouldn’t judge cozens too hard. He’ll likely be a 70 pt player if he had two great wingers that wouldt tolerate failure .

Ruff learned a lot if he has the health and energy to deal w pricks like Hamilton Harrington and the emotionally broken on th team.

I’m not watching after Saturday Chicago if they lose to help take prsssure off not because I don’t think the team will be good enough. Hopefully these guys figure it out as this is an nhl problem , Tyler bass problem more than a real trade them we suck problem.

We’ll see.

Outside the door she took four more. The team needs a Valium enema and to say f*** it to everyone as cozens needs to please himself or dose the entire candy ass yutes

That’s a reason to be patient w Quinn and cozens. The zegras cocky types too those three will all have good maybe great careers after 25 26 sometimes 27. When did Thompson. , ( who is a top 15 player no matter what anyone here says) breakout. It wasn’t 23.

Last edited:

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
23 24 is young , no personal life stability and depends how young like cozens based on trauma and setbacks. Emotional development in small town etc. benson seems more grounded growing up in carny environment. Raym Davis us emotionally older. So is our new bills dt.

That’s a reason to be patient w Quinn and cozens. The zegras cocky types too those three will all have good maybe great careers after 25 26 sometimes 27. When did Thompson. , ( who is a top 15 player no matter what anyone here says) breakout. It wasn’t 23.
A top 15 player? You've got to be shitting yourself, literally.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
A top 15 player? You've got to be shitting yourself, literally.
Nope. He truly is and will be regarded as that. Hopefully here. Not somewhere else.

He needs his mogilney. He has the talent and I believe the nightly drive. , just not last night.

It might be jj. Maybe he takes Quinn and tuch helps cozens. This team cannot be evaluated til after this adversity and then twenty games.

Even if JJ it will take twenty games to build that chemistry w success.

Skinner gave him space period. Don’t underestimate that fact. Like Josh and Diggs

Last edited:

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Is the conclusion then that the principle problem is not the coach....

It's actually the players that the GM put in place.....?

End result: another roster build goes down the tubes......!
The GM also chose the coach.

Q: You know how I know that Lindy is not the coach to turn this around?

A: Kevyn Adams hired him.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
Which one of these 15 forwards is Thompson better than?

McDavid
MacKinnon
Matthews
Barkov
Draisaitl
Kucherov
Hughes
Pastrnak
M Tkachuk
Crosby
Kaprizov
Panarin
Eichel
Petterson
Point
Who would I rather have. Okay.

Barkov in a two years
Rather have tage than Crosby now
He’s better than point.
Probably tougher and better shot than pastranak
Definitely Patterson
Would not trade him for thachook
Kaorizov and pan Arun are different but would not trade tage and with them tage and pan Arun would something.

Yes kucherov is miles better as is Hughes right now drasaitlnand McJesus even Hyman are all tougher and more driven than tage nightly beside being way more talented.

I’d rather have tage than Mathews.

I could find 15 guys more committed to winning than tage right now after last night you just have list of overrated as holes and poosies

Tage.is better than Turgeon but if he isn’t committed he’ll have a meaningless career and not inspire Buffalo. Tage should have 8 goals at even strength. already this year and the you’d be fawning over him.

We’ll see what he becomes w ruff and Appert

Let’s go 0 for 60 on the power play which is the difference as well

Last edited:

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
You know, I just wanted to be interested in the season for a while this year. I didn't think that was asking too much. Not asking to make the playoffs or win the championship or anything. Just play well enough to keep it interesting, but this might be the earliest in the last 2/3 years where I feel checked out.

I thought just taking the night away last night would allow my emotions to regulate a bit, but nope. Still just incredibly disappointed this morning. Not angry, just disappointed. Like a disapproving parent who isn't mad their child did something wrong, but is just upset they gave up on something without really trying.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
I didn't watch a second of this. Looks like I didn't miss much and I saved myself a night of frustration. I see they went 0/2 on the PP. What are they now, something like 0/18 to start the season?

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
Holding them accountable and refusing to accept the same excuse for 2 or 3 straight years isn't "ragging".

At some point they need to show that they can learn and can improve their NHL game.
No. Just cozens who is emotionally stunted and will screw up more trying to prove everyone wrong.

They all deserve all the shite they get at this point . Yelling at damaged people like cozens doesn’t help is all I meant apologies

Not only that...he said top 15 player!
He is . Just hasn’t finished and keeps missing etc
Wow.

Give me a list of twenty guys you’d trade him straight up for. Please leave Mathews off the list or marner. Etc.

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY
Let’s not forget one of KA big signings this summer hasn’t played since the first game (NAK).

Two of his big signings. The other one hasn’t even hit the ice. But given the way our young goalies are faltering out of the gate, it was clearly a smart move to pick up a vet backup like Reimer. Very shrewd GMing. Sabres should dress him and let the team have a stable vet behind them for a game.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
Panic in the Sabre tower.

We have jumpers.

We’ve scored o pp goals.

Panic. Sell everything

There is difference between sucking.

Last night totally sucked and I agree it can’t happen again but judge after Chicago. I’m pissed and don’t want to defend these pricks lil lords of Fauntleroy Ayer last night .

But the insane takes are all of you. See ya after Saturday and if they grip their sticks and choke see you after twenty games at the hanging or the overeation crow eating 500 contest.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Panic in the Sabre tower.

We have jumpers.

We’ve scored o pp goals.

Panic. Sell everything

There is difference between sucking.

Last night totally sucked and I agree it can’t happen again but judge after Chicago. I’m pissed and don’t want to defend these pricks lil lords of Fauntleroy Ayer last night .

But the insane takes are all of you. See ya after Saturday and if they grip their sticks and choke see you after twenty games at the hanging or the overeation crow eating 500 contest.
How much crow are the people, who said this team wasn't good enough 2 summers ago, eating?

I wasn't even one of them, I was one of the ones duped by the one middling year where everyone hit career highs. But at some point in time you need to acknowledgeaybe those people who WERE saying we still weren't great back then were right. The people like me are the ones who are eating crow.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Ngl it's kinda weird to see someone have any faith in this group around here after their start so far this season. I don't really agree at this point and I don't think they deserve it, but it's still kinda refreshing lol

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
How much crow are the people, who said this team wasn't good enough 2 summers ago, eating?

I wasn't even one of them, I was one of the ones duped by the one middling year where everyone hit career highs. But at some point in time you need to acknowledgeaybe those people who WERE saying we still weren't great back then were right. The people like me are the ones who are eating crow.
We looked like a top team at home. And if we scored 2 pp goals out of 17 and cozens or Quinn calmed down and potted one between them unless they both suck and need to be exposed to waivers like pominville etc. If so there probably would be one game of patience w youth and new coach. I’m philosophy and responsibilities instead of all the gnashing of teething and taking our toys and going home, FOR the SEASON .

Not that every Sabres fan doesn’t have a right to be as traumatized as the team w our media. After that vile effort at Columbus. Which it was an embarrassment for sure .

Toys? Home!?

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018

Perfect injury storm and I love Donny but he was ill and handing out the sword might me want to play bad if half the team didn’t care every other night and didn’t get called out for it.

Should change be now. Well I saw great hockey LA loss and Fla win. Then I saw cocky lil princes expecting to win at Columbus and I don’t know what to make of Pitt. The nhl won I guess and I don’t know what that does to young guys.

Ruff will play a Meeks before he lets them give up and not hit even if he’s on his death bed. He gets 20 games fir the 22 dollar seats and the roof etc.

Like u all I’m with you fook excuses but they , the team gets Saturday and next home game before I throw anyone under the bus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad