Injury Report: 2024-2025 Injury thread | HF’s Longest Thread Just Got Longer

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
So it looks like Lonzo Ball's surgery may have been a lot more severe than Landeskog's.

Ball revealed he had the same cartilage transplant but also received a brand new meniscus AND a bone allograft.

He played on Wednesday in preseason and said he felt great and that his knee gave him no issues at all.

Good sign for Gabe.

Or they didn't do enough and that is the way it should be done.

My bet he ordered extra spicy Indian food before the game.

That's called Thai food

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Definitely good news on Ball.

But I’m pretty concerned how Gabe was partially practicing with the team, and he’s basically disappeared the last few weeks.
I don't think we can say that Lonzo Ball came back and that means Landeskog timeline is identical or even that Landeskog is guaranteed to come back at all. It's common in medicine for there to be a range of outcomes, especially with a new, experimental procedure. 1 data point that it worked is certainly better than 0, but I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
I don't think we can say that Lonzo Ball came back and that means Landeskog timeline is identical or even that Landeskog is guaranteed to come back at all. It's common in medicine for there to be a range of outcomes, especially with a new, experimental procedure. 1 data point that it worked is certainly better than 0, but I wouldn't put too much stock in it.
Yeah, the timeline of Ball is more of a hope to me.

The focus of my post was more the concern that Landeskog hasn’t appeared on the ice in weeks, after being on the ice with tegularity

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Yeah, the timeline of Ball is more of a hope to me.

The focus of my post was more the concern that Landeskog hasn’t appeared on the ice in weeks, after being on the ice with tegularity

Do we really know if he hasn't been on the ice though?

He could have his own hangar and ice sheet in Area 51 for all we know.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It's a valid point for sure, we gotta cling onto any kind of hope though.

Side note, I was reading an article not that long ago that there was a knee procedure that basically ruined the careers of a number of NBA stars so badly, they don't even do it anymore.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
It's a valid point for sure, we gotta cling onto any kind of hope though.

Side note, I was reading an article not that long ago that there was a knee procedure that basically ruined the careers of a number of NBA stars so badly, they don't even do it anymore.
Is it arthroscopic knee surgery? Feel like so many old school NBAers got that and it RUINED their athleticism.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad