GDT: Sabres @ Columbus 7 PM ET TV:MSG Radio:WGR550

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Every season I convince myself that this year will be different! They may not be "Good" but they'll be competitive and make the playoffs.

I'm insane.
I like that we’re insane. Twisted.

Injections for all . Spdbll w a liquid Nembutal kicker. And a balloon and I bet I still will be pissed watching this bs tonight.

Help. Any anesthesiologists . Come here quickly. Pricks.

Every season I convince myself that this year will be different! They may not be "Good" but they'll be competitive and make the playoffs.

I'm insane.
I like that we’re insane. Twisted.

Injections for all . Spdbll w a liquid Nembutal kicker. And a balloon and I bet I still will be pissed watching this bs tonight.

Help. Any anesthesiologists . Come here quickly. Pricks

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Can’t and shouldn’t blow it up fully. You have good players in this mix to get over the hump.

I’m not sure what the answer is, but some of the players we have need to go and some new ones need brought in to replace them. This mix of guys just isn’t it.

Reactions: KiwiGriff

MayDayMayDay

F****** Pheasants!
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
At a certain point it's a quality of life decision haha
I'd started rooting for the Coyotes too for a few years since I moved to Arizona. They were starting to turn the corner, becoming what we see now in Utah. Then some stupid ass billionaire f***ed the pooch and here we are. Now I've consolidated my fandom once again with the Sabres, and I'm back for more punishment.

I love hockey, but it probably doesn't love me back lol.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
What do we think we can get for these players? Is there any guarantee it just restarts the cycle?

How do we blow up a culture of losing?
Rot starts at the top. Pegula had the league-approved hires go wrong and responded by hiring spineless, unqualified yes men who are happy to work for him because they wouldn’t have their jobs otherwise.

Sure woulda been nice to use some of the cap space the “no internal cap” team has kept to acquire better players

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I've run into loads of them over the years at games down here. Former fans of everyone from the Sabres to the Redwings. People are quick to drop a team when they suck for a prolonged amount of time. I also use to mock these but am now revising my opinion.
I'll have lost an Atlanta team and gained a new one by the time the Sabres get back to the playoffs.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
I’m not sure what the answer is, but some of the players we have need to go and some new ones need brought in to replace them. This mix of guys just isn’t it.
It’s not time for decisions. It’s time for ass kickings by ruff and roc call ups press box fights psychosis before we blow anything up before twenty games in. Cozens better get his stuff together and Quinn.

Who has any pride or heart. We’ll know after twenty. As much as I’m pissed. You have to give them all and ruff time to see who whines gives up or can actually bring it every night. If dahlin is not hurt. Trade him first. But I think he is. So let him heal and play Gilbert. Power can take his minutes.

Who can play every night Hit every night and win. If we aren’t 500 after twenty. Then f them After Chicago nobody will watch as well as me. The pressure will be off and then we’ll see if they have no pride and lose in Chicago. We’ll have to wait til thanksgiving to see changes if they can’t bring it EVERY night

They get new coach 13 year pass til then. To see what each player is made of. They sucked but too early to judge. I just don’t have to watch if they lose Saturday.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
I thoroughly expect this team to be stupid like this for a few more months, then turn it on to make the triumphant run to 9th place, then we get all hopeful for next year...and go back to this.
I don't think I was really hopeful for this year when they decided to do literally nothing to the top 6 except remove a player.

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
If the Sabres move to Houston I'll at least get a chance to go see them play in person.

Well... not "these" players. I won't pay to watch them.

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
Glad I didn’t watch. Probably won’t bother for a long ass time.
Wonder what happened to our goalies? I truly expected both of them to be at least competitive.
f*** this team and the clueless owner. I bet Lindy wishes he was in Montana.

May Day 10

Apr 19, 2006
St Catharines, ON
I don't think I was really hopeful for this year when they decided to do literally nothing to the top 6 except remove a player.
Was surprised at how optimistic everyone was based on Ruff coming here (who we unanimously couldn't wait to punt out the door for about 5 years, 10 years ago).

They (again) did nothing to improve in the offseason. The organizational standard is nonexistent. Basically, everything is great as long as we keep getting out of bed every day because success is seldom linear.

Reactions: BFLO

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
Was surprised at how optimistic everyone was based on Ruff coming here (who we unanimously couldn't wait to punt out the door for about 5 years, 10 years ago).

They (again) did nothing to improve in the offseason. The organizational standard is nonexistent. Basically, everything is great as long as we keep getting out of bed every day because success is seldom linear.
I think it was nostalgia and the 112 pt Devil season with a young team that gave us hope.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
PHam: Luke Hughes is a better player than Dahlin from the same draft year and shouldn't be.

You've signed these players to contracts that are untradeable so this is your group

It would be something only the next GM would be able to do, but the contracts for Cozens, Samuelsson, Powers and Thompson are easily bought out because of their age. Thompson, Tuch, and maybe Power are tradable. Dahlin is probably tradable, but I think he has a full NMC.

Again...these are moves that only a new GM could do, and it would mean the team was in the dumpster.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

ruff22

May 5, 2007
Tucson, AZ
The Sabres were my favorite team in all sports, more or less from the first time I ever saw them play on TV...Game 6 of the SCF against the Flyers. Can you imagine flying by yourself from New York to Edmonton (4-3 loss with Miro Satan providing the winner) and Calgary (3-0 loss, might have been the only game I ever went to where they got shutout) just to see them? Some of you probably can (that was a little project wherein I was trying to see them win in every rink in the league, ended up getting about half of them done). From that to what we have today. I've barely watched a game for I don't know how many years now...why do I want to do something that's not fun? I guess it's fair to say I've lost my love for the game, if I can borrow that phrase.

98% of what I do with respect to the Sabres is usually coming here for a few minutes most days to browse a few threads, maybe 1% is actually watching them play and 1% is watching the draft.

I used to think the greatest thing in the world would be the boys winning the Stanley Cup. Now, it's not even imaginable and do I even care anymore?

Not sure how many of you have soldiered on through years and years of this...it's bad enough reading about it...let alone seeing it for myself.

Apologies as this is probably not in the best thread and please feel free to move it if need be.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
It would be something only the next GM would be able to do, but the contracts for Cozens, Samuelsson, Powers and Thompson are easily bought out because of their age. Thompson, Tuch, and maybe Power are tradable. Dahlin is probably tradable, but I think he has a full NMC.

Again...these are moves that only a new GM could do, and it would mean the team was in the dumpster.
Every single one of those guys could easily be traded so the idea of a buyout is batshit crazy.

Reactions: Ehran and joshjull

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
It’s not time for decisions. It’s time for ass kickings by ruff and roc call ups press box fights psychosis before we blow anything up before twenty games in. Cozens better get his stuff together and Quinn.

Who has any pride or heart. We’ll know after twenty. As much as I’m pissed. You have to give them all and ruff time to see who whines gives up or can actually bring it every night. If dahlin is not hurt. Trade him first. But I think he is. So let him heal and play Gilbert. Power can take his minutes.

Who can play every night Hit every night and win. If we aren’t 500 after twenty. Then f them After Chicago nobody will watch as well as me. The pressure will be off and then we’ll see if they have no pride and lose in Chicago. We’ll have to wait til thanksgiving to see changes if they can’t bring it EVERY night

They get new coach 13 year pass til then. To see what each player is made of. They sucked but too early to judge. I just don’t have to watch if they lose Saturday.
You want dahlin to sit but want players to hit...and want power to replace him? Power couldn't hit the 30 second button on the microwave to undercook popcorn....those 2 aren't comparable of youre gonna throw any form of physicality into the mix...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad