Around the NHL - 2024-25 season.

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
I didn't know what thread to put this question in so will ask it here:

Did Mangiapane always play LW for you guys? Or did he swap between LW and RW on 5v5, PP etc?

Caps have him playing 1RW and he is a left hand shot but now there is talk of moving Ovie to RW (which makes no sense to me) and I wonder if they are going to move Mangiapane to LW.

Thanks in advance. Nice start to the season btw. Your team looks good and nice to see Mantha playing well (hopefully he can keep it up).

Started off as LW on a line with Jankowski and Hathaway. Often played RW due to our lack of RW options, became a swing wing for us.

Reactions: PlushMinus

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Devils fan here that has a question about Markstrom.

So far for the Devils he's been going behind his net or going close to the side boards to stop a pack and pass it back up ice. Is that normal for him? I really only watched him when he played the Devils and I don't recall him being that kind of goalie.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Devils fan here that has a question about Markstrom.

So far for the Devils he's been going behind his net or going close to the side boards to stop a pack and pass it back up ice. Is that normal for him? I really only watched him when he played the Devils and I don't recall him being that kind of goalie.
It was fairly common when he was here too.

Reactions: Figgy44

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
cool, Haven't had a goalie in NJ who could handle the puck good since Brodeur.:thumbu:

Yeah that's normal. But good?

Hmm... I guess he had occasional gaffes, but not as crazy as the gaffes Mike Smith occasionally had.

I guess Markstrom puck play is typically quite acceptable. But he might run into certain bad weeks where you're basically yelling at the screen begging him to stay in his crease for the rest of the game.

I never thought of Markstrom as good with the puck vs all goalies. There was always a gap between him vs other better puck playing goalies. But I guess puck playing goalies like Smith and Price retired, so he may have bumped up the list.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Yeah that's normal. But good?

Hmm... I guess he had occasional gaffes, but not as crazy as the gaffes Mike Smith occasionally had.

I guess Markstrom puck play is typically quite acceptable. But he might run into certain bad weeks where you're basically yelling at the screen begging him to stay in his crease for the rest of the game.

I never thought of Markstrom as good with the puck vs all goalies. There was always a gap between him vs other better puck playing goalies. But I guess puck playing goalies like Smith and Price retired, so he may have bumped up the list.
Well Corey Schneider you never wanted out of the net, Blackwood never barely went out of his net and same with Vitek. So yeah it's been a loooong time for Devils fans.:thumbu:

Reactions: Figgy44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad