Confirmed with Link: Sabres Claim Zenon Konopka

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Any chance Tedenby will be claimed too? He hasn't done anything at the NHL level, but he's put up alright numbers in the AHL and we wouldn't have to pull from Rochester's depleted forward corps if any more injuries happen.

At this point, I'm not sure they do it just because they've got 49 contracts now and don't necessarily want to use them all up and limit their flexibility going forward

omglolnub

Jun 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I knew they were gonna claim him, haha. And hey, maybe SOMEBODY can win a draw, even if it's on line 4 :laugh: Send him out for every important faceoff in memory of Paul Gaustad :sarcasm:

IMLACHnME

Dec 27, 2013
GTA
Bingo!

the league has already fined Pat Lafontaine for "player selection and team conduct"

My one problem with this acquisition is that Konopka will have a bulls-eye on his back, like Scott and Kaleta before him. In fact, when the folks in the NHL office first heard of this waiver claim, I'll bet someone said, with disgust, "not another goon in Buffalo!"

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
My one problem with this acquisition is that Konopka will have a bulls-eye on his back, like Scott and Kaleta before him. In fact, when the folks in the NHL office first heard of this waiver claim, I'll bet someone said, with disgust, "not another goon in Buffalo!"

And yet ... Since Nolan has arrived ...

Scott doesn't play "like a goon"
McCormick doesn't play "like a goon"
Kaleta hasn't been on the team in months and wasn't playing "like a goon" in Rochester

Facts trump perception. I bet Konopka will not play "like a goon" either.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012

Kaleta hasn't been on the team in months and wasn't playing "like a goon" in Rochester

Too bad they penalize Scott like hes a goon still.

IMLACHnME

Dec 27, 2013
GTA
I never use the "G" word

Just to be clear, I want to stress that the perception of Konopka and Scott and Kaleta and McCormick as goons is not mine. But there can be no doubt that the talking heads and the suits in the NHL office have that perception. The oh-so-clever sports writers in Toronto cannot make reference to Scott without using the G-word. The same was true with Kaleta. McCormick seemed to stay under their radar.

I hate the G-word, and refuse to use it as my description of a player. Not even if I'm discussing Chris Neal.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Just to be clear, I want to stress that the perception of Konopka and Scott and Kaleta and McCormick as goons is not mine. But there can be no doubt that the talking heads and the suits in the NHL office have that perception. The oh-so-clever sports writers in Toronto cannot make reference to Scott without using the G-word. The same was true with Kaleta. McCormick seemed to stay under their radar.

I hate the G-word, and refuse to use it as my description of a player. Not even if I'm discussing Chris Neal.

Well, some Toronto writers are like some New York Times writers. They twist or skew things to alter the perception in favor of an agenda. Not all, but a few bad apples.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
He will be a good 4th liner, Id rather have him than ellis anyway so good pickup. Interesting to see what will happen when Hodgson and Grigorenko come back.

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
As someone who frequents flea markets for bargains, I am probably enjoying this year more than most.

Dumpster divin', dumpster divin', we be dumpster divin' :yo:

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Well, some Toronto writers are like some New York Times writers. They twist or skew things to alter the perception in favor of an agenda. Not all, but a few bad apples.

"Remember the Maine, down with Spain!"

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Fight totals for the season:

Cody McCormick 7
Marcus Foligno 5
Steve Ott 3
Mike Weber 3
Tyler Myers 2
John Scott 2
Patrick Kaleta 1
Johan Larsson 1

Zenon Konopka 7

(thanks hockeyfights.com)

Fabi

Jul 8, 2013

Scott is not a goon, he is one of our best scorers in Buffalo! Scored more goals than Leino, which is not easy:yo:

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY

Cody McCormick 7
Marcus Foligno 5
Steve Ott 3
Mike Weber 3
Tyler Myers 2
John Scott 2
Patrick Kaleta 1
Johan Larsson 1

Zenon Konopka 7

I'll predict ZK doesn't get into 7 more fights before the end of the season. In fact, I think under Nolan, he doesn't see 5 more fights this season. Just predicting....

IMLACHnME

Dec 27, 2013
GTA
Give a dog a bad name...

Cody McCormick 7
Marcus Foligno 5
Steve Ott 3
Mike Weber 3
Tyler Myers 2
John Scott 2
Patrick Kaleta 1
Johan Larsson 1

Zenon Konopka 7

Yet, the folks who are paid to follow hockey and write about it will continue to insist that Scott and Kaleta are the Sabres' resident goons. So will the similarly ignorant suits in the NHL office.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I'll predict ZK doesn't get into 7 more fights before the end of the season. In fact, I think under Nolan, he doesn't see 5 more fights this season. Just predicting....

I think he will score more points than fights the rest of the season.

Question: When/if everyone is healthy, who will they waive?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad