Rumor: S.I.: Bruins & Leafs linked to PK Subban

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
With what cap? Even with max retention neither team is close to being able to fit him.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Leafs have no cap space

No way Subban fits even @ 50%, this seems like a click bait rumour
Well they said kind of that they've just had long standing interest, it seems.

But in theory, at half retained the Leafs could send cap space back to the Devils.

But, my unexpert opinion says that he's not what the Leafs need. Although maybe they think the fans will get a kick out of it.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Bruins need a #1 LHD not another RHD
Hello Bruins. Like we as maple leafs don't have that cap size neither sire. We ain'ts also need for a subban. He aaight, tight and cool, I like him and his gezame, but we ain'ts have the need for him sire. Him and simmonds and gabriel and ritchie would kill-big-time in toronto. Party up and all, hits checks and fights, but we ain't have that money space. We do have the money, the power and the personel though. But not the room.

Some of our other suckas would have to move into the other direction. Like -50% and Dermott and Engvall. Would it be enough even then. Some other fool might add that upp and calculate with math sire. But we ain't probably gon do it sire.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Why does everyone assume either team would be taking on his full cap hit? Devils would likely retain 50% and take a contract to ensure either team would be cap compliant.
As for Subban, I think people would be surprised by the return the Devils could get, he’s already been paid most of his money, so he’s making almost nothing in real $
That being said I don’t see any reason the Devils would move him right now, they finally filled the hole at RD and shouldn’t be to keen on creating a new one

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
On behalf of the Bruins....

2s7twu.gif

"Boston Hockey Now's Jimmy Murphy cited multiple NHL sources claiming the Bruins looked into what it would take to acquire Subban “on more than one occasion.”

Oh thank God - Jimmy Murphy is the one reporting this. It pretty much guarantees that the Bruins are not interested at all. :clap:

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Only way is if the Leafs move Rielly as part of the deal. Leafs would be looking for one of the Devils top prospects back. I am not a fan of Subban at all. But something like Subban retained plus Dawson Mercer for Rielly ? Would hate to lose Rielly for nothing. But god I hope they look in a different direction than Subban.

Reactions: Mr Positive

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I don’t see a fit for Boston right now. I can’t envision a scenario where it makes sense at the TDL either, but ask again around that time I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad