Recalled/Assigned: Ryan Spooner recalled 3/18/13

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The Bruins said they sat him out of the rest of the toronto game for precautionary reasons only; he was medically cleared to play.

Last I read, Paille and Thornton are both waiting on medical clearances to return to the lineup, but are both either skating ( Paille ) or working out ( Thornton ).

Thanks ! Sounds like all will be ok soon.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Looking forward to seeing Spooner for the Bruins, watched him plenty in the juniors, dynamic player, will be hard to deny full time duty next year. One more reason we need Horton resigned, we need his size as Spooner is another smallish forward.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
How would Campbell be on the second line...?

He played there when Marchand was injured. He actually did pretty well (Campbell is good on the boards and a decent passer and backchecker).

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
As long as they roll 4 lines, I'd rather have Campbell on the 4th line to win some face-offs.

Wouldn't like an AHL-line at all.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
He played there when Marchand was injured. He actually did pretty well (Campbell is good on the boards and a decent passer and backchecker).

Weird, I don't remember that. I can see him and Bergy working well together, they have on the PK too. Both hard workers and great defensively.

I also forgot Spooner is a natural center, so there's that. Was confused on who would play the 4th line C role with Campbell up.

Afam*

I think they'll take a look at moving Peverley and/or Kelly this offseason and pushing Spooner and/or Knight into the third line role either next season or the season after. Pevs and Kelly take up over 6 mill between the two. By letting them go, that opens up enough money to keep our top 6 intact while also opening up the roster room for guys like Caron, Knight, Spooner, Koko, Camara, to win spots out of camp.

Well said. I couldn't have said it any better Veddar. About time spooner got a chance too.Back to your point, i was thinking the same thing too. I would look to move Kelly or Pevs. They skill set seem too redundant. Plus Spooner, Knight, KoKo etc should be able to replace what kelly and pevs brings on the ice.

The only place they will be missed would be on the leadership Aspect.

Last edited by a moderator:

remer

Oct 18, 2005
What I would like to see:

Lucic Krejci Horton
Spooner Bergeron Sequin
Bourque Kelly Peverely
Paille Campbell McDermid

Some expereience on each line. Give the younger players some talent to work with.

Afam*

Lucic Krejci Horton
Spooner Bergeron Sequin
Bourque Kelly Peverely
Paille Campbell McDermid

Some expereience on each line. Give the younger players some talent to work with.

Not a bad lineup at all. This is team is missing a Knight type of player.Someone whose instincts is to crash the net

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH

Lucic Krejci Horton
Spooner Bergeron Sequin
Bourque Kelly Peverely
Paille Campbell McDermid

I think this is what we'll see on Wednesday if Marchand is out.. And if it's not Spooner on that line, it will probably be Tardiff.

I'm fine with either though I'd like to see Spooner and what he could do. I'm pretty sure he'll end up being the 13th or 14th forward though.

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
Don't get too excited about a prospect playing 7-8 minutes with other AHLers against a division rival on a winning streak. And that's if he plays at all.

ORRMAN

Dec 3, 2008

Lucic Krejci Horton
Spooner Bergeron Sequin
Bourque Kelly Peverely
Paille Campbell McDermid

I agree with you. I see all the love for Paille, but he has stone hands. He can't shoot or pass, IMO. He tops out on the fourth line.

Sam the Lion

**** the Habs
Aug 7, 2005
Texas USA
I wicked like Bruins management. Got exciting players to fill spots on defense and forward positions both . . . such a cool luxury.

McBrom7

FIRE IT UP!!
Jun 26, 2012
Hopefully he shows enough to get a spot. I know Bourque scored, but I'm losing faith in the kid.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Hopefully he shows enough to get a spot. I know Bourque scored, but I'm losing faith in the kid.

I think you're over reacting with Bourque.

As for Spooner, I'm happy he's called up. A little worried about his body handling the rigors of the NHL though. I remember when he got drafted I said I would throw Spoons on the ice when he gets a hattrick. Someone on here told me thats not allowed. So I figured gluing the spoons on a hat would do. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad