Player Discussion Ryan Reaves and Calle Jarnkrok

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Cut the dead weight. Jarnkrok is absolutely garbage in the playoffs and Reaves doesn’t play.

Why they are even on the team is beyond me

Skullz

Jul 5, 2013
Don’t get the Reaves hate. He started off slow last year due to injury but came back strong and did the exact job he was brought here to do as a 4th liner for 1.35 mill. Jarnkrok I agree needs to go
My problem with Reaves is that the only place to play him on is the fourth line. If we do that, then we neutralize that line's ability to act as a primary shutdown weapon. If we played something like Lorenz - Kampf - Holmberg, you could throw them out in their own end and not worry so much about it. Reaves needs to be sheltered, and he doesn't provide anything offensively.

If he had league min it would be okay, but we can't even afford the 1.35

Reactions: Dog

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
Don’t get the Reaves hate. He started off slow last year due to injury but came back strong and did the exact job he was brought here to do as a 4th liner for 1.35 mill.
50 regular season games should probably be the limit for Reaves. He made a big playoff blunder vs the Bruins, which isn't good for a guy whose career playoff contribution has been close to non-existent.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
50 regular season games should probably be the limit for Reaves. He made a big playoff blunder vs the Bruins, which isn't good for a guy whose career playoff contribution has been close to non-existent.

Yes he did. He’s very unlikely to play in the playoffs but overall in that series he was pretty impactful. That being said I stick to my point that for his cap and role he does what he was expected. If you prefer to go into the season without this type of player that’s a different story, but I personally don’t. Even if he doesn’t play every game, having him around to loop in to rivalry games helps us. We’re pretty soft team all things considered.

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
Yes he did. He’s very unlikely to play in the playoffs but overall in that series he was pretty impactful. That being said I stick to my point that for his cap and role he does what he was expected. If you prefer to go into the season without this type of player that’s a different story, but I personally don’t. Even if he doesn’t play every game, having him around to loop in to rivalry games helps us. We’re pretty soft team all things considered.
I'm fine with him on the team as long as he can play like he did in the last part of 23-24.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

That's probably the right number for him.

Problem is he complained to the media last season when he was kept on IR for a couple days longer than he liked. If he's here he expects to play

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad