Value of: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins to Carolina

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Love the different arguements that we have to see about that trade.

On one hand, we have guys telling us that our GM is an idiot and that we lost that trade big time. On the other hand we have people telling us that Hall's value was only Larsson, so the rest of our players have no value. Which is it? Did we lose huge on value, or was it fair value and our players are next to worthless? :laugh:

I don't think the trade was that bad, as most reasonable people agree. What was bad was what you and others would throw out as "fair value" for Hall, and what you got in reality.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
And what would you add to Faulk if McDavid was on the table? Would love to see how much Canes fans value Faulk

Faulk + Hanifin + Rask or Teravainen or J. Staal

I'd add one or two of their top prospects as well (Fleury, Bean, Gauthier, Roy, etc.). Basically a young, affordable top-pairing, a 2C replacement (with Drai hopefully developing into 1C), and a couple of 1st Round calibre prospects. Still doesn't get it done.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
maybe hold off on Marner love til he actually crosses the 50pt mark in NHL.
RNH > Marner for atleast 2 more yrs and would be Oilers #1C if we hadnt lucked out on McDavid.

Also by your logic Marner wouldnt return **** because Hall >> Marner.

It not as simple as you make it out to be . ( Hall having more value then Marner ) A cap strap team would probably value Marner more . Then there are some GM's that may worry about the constant losing Hall been a part of .

I am an Oiler fan and all things are not as black and white as you make them out to be . There an expansion draft coming as well . There are many reason for a GM to value Marner over Hall . Then there are reason to value Hall over Marner . Hall is the better player today but there are many things to consider and fans fail to see this .

I am also on record over the last 3 years as someone who wanted to trade Hall . I truly believe he was the leader in that dressing room and he had Yakupov isolated . No proof just reading between the lines . All this Yakupov trade has simmered down now Hall is gone . I also don't like Hall's comments from time to time . He didn't see the light at the end of the tunnel maybe he will see it in NJ . I am glad he was traded and i bet we will be far better with out him . TML made smart moves by being in a proven coach like Babcock . He will develop those players right . Edmonton had the revolving gong show approach . I would not be surprise 1 little bite if the TML prospects end up better then ours because coach Babcock will insist on proper development . This statement doesn't apply to McDavid .

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Love the different arguments that we have to see about that trade.

On one hand, we have guys telling us that our GM is an idiot and that we lost that trade big time. On the other hand we have people telling us that Hall's value was only Larsson, so the rest of our players have no value. Which is it? Did we lose huge on value, or was it fair value and our players are next to worthless? :laugh:
^This all day ****ing long.

If the Oilers don't accept a crap offer like "Fleury + 2nd for RNH" then we're delusional and need to be reminded of the Hall trade.
Hall was traded for a top end #2 defenseman because the Oilers didn't have a single top pairing dman. Not trading our only experienced top 6 centre for the crap offers in here. Put me in the delusional crowd I guess but Canes fans haven't given a single reason why the Oilers should make these trades

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
offensively sure but defensively Jones is already on par with Faulk if not better. Jones is projected to be an elite all around Dman.

Value wise to a GM they are both about the same when everything is factored in.

Faulk plays top competition. Jones did not until he showed up in CBJ...they are not on par defensively.

Faulk >> Jones on the defensive side of the puck.

All Jones has on Faulk at this point is potential.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Oilers are going into next season with Pouliot-RNH-Ebs as our top line so we need RNH unless of course Faulk is available. Oilers will definitely add

... Lucic-McDavid-Eberle is the top line next season. Make no mistake about it. Whatever line McDavid is on, is the line that gets the most ice time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad