Value of: Ryan Murray to the Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

D3ADLY

Jan 8, 2009
Twitter @AgentDeadly
What would Blue Jackets want in return? Would JvR for Murray work? Who is adding here? Do the Jackets have any specific needs? Obviously both clubs need some sort of boost is there any way the 2 teams can help each other fill out holes by swapping players? Suggestions welcome on trades between these teams.

Sarcastic

PosterOfTheYear2014
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
The Blue Jackets for possibly the first time ever look to have an extremely strong defense moving forward. Clearly at this point they should trade one of their defensemen for another forward.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Don't the Leafs already have Rielly and Gardiner as left hand shot dmen? Wouldn't it make more sense for them to go after a RHD?

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
The last thing the CBJ need is a wing and the last thing we want to give up is one of our top 3 D it is finally decent and looking up. The only thing that I can see us legit considering is an upgrade at C but I doubt we even do that. I don't see us making any impactful deals any time soon.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
I would think the only way Columbus gives up Murray is for a comparable age #1 C that fits their style or an elite winger also around Murray's age ( see Hall/Larsson).

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
What would Blue Jackets want in return? Would JvR for Murray work? Who is adding here? Do the Jackets have any specific needs? Obviously both clubs need some sort of boost is there any way the 2 teams can help each other fill out holes by swapping players? Suggestions welcome on trades between these teams.

There isn't a good fit. You're not getting a player as good as Murray for JVR as well.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Don't the Leafs already have Rielly and Gardiner as left hand shot dmen? Wouldn't it make more sense for them to go after a RHD?

Leafs not really in a hurry to upgrade the defense but I don't think they can be too picky about LHD or RHD if the right D that fits their age group is available.

Eventually the Carrick's, Marincin's and Hunwick's have to get upgraded.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I would think the only way Columbus gives up Murray is for a comparable age #1 C that fits their style or an elite winger also around Murray's age ( see Hall/Larsson).

not saying that Murray isn't valuable, but I wouldn't use that deal as the benchmark - the whole hockey world thought it was a completely one-sided deal and very unlikely that it sets a precedent

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Don't see why Columbus would consider trading Murray (they wouldn't), especially for a JVR:laugh:

At this point, it looks like Columbus has 3 young defenseman that are/will be worth of a top pairing so Murray could be trade bait in a deal-from-strength scenario

I don't see CBJ as ready to compete, so agree that 27 yo wingers are probably not the target if he gets traded but I could see Murray getting dealt if Werenski turns out

Sarcastic

PosterOfTheYear2014
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
At this point, it looks like Columbus has 3 young defenseman that are/will be worth of a top pairing so Murray could be trade bait in a deal-from-strength scenario

I don't see CBJ as ready to compete, so agree that 27 yo wingers are probably not the target if he gets traded but I could see Murray getting dealt if Werenski turns out

Why don't they just keep all 3 so there's always a top level defenseman on the ice?

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
not saying that Murray isn't valuable, but I wouldn't use that deal as the benchmark - the whole hockey world thought it was a completely one-sided deal and very unlikely that it sets a precedent

Well then there is no reason to trade him. Young top pair blue liners are very hard to get. Ask yourself what does Toronto want for Reilly?

As someone else posted, why not keep them all?

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Well then there is no reason to trade him. Young top pair blue liners are very hard to get. Ask yourself what does Toronto want for Reilly?

As someone else posted, why not keep them all?

Doesn´t suit Leafs... thats why

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
As good as Murray is, I'm not risking the price it would take to get him for someone who is always hurt

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Isn't Murray injured again? I love the kids game, his track record of stay healthy though is terrible. Didn't he miss a game this week for a foot injury, try to come back then only played 5 minutes?

Edit:Its not the foot, its a new injury, got an elbow to the head it sounds like and is now out with an "upper-body" injury.

DrTucker

Jan 29, 2015
Halifax
Murray will never get a fair return in trade strictly due to injury concerns. At best he'd return a good (not great) 2C. From Toronto I'd not be more comfortable giving up a Bozak and a 2nd/3rd. Strictly because he seems only capable of playing 50 ish games a year (yes he played 82 last year) If he put up more points (.5 PPG ish) i think he could command more too, but for a guy who isn't a high scoring D man who doesn't play full seasons the return won't be great for Columbus

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
Murray will never get a fair return in trade strictly due to injury concerns. At best he'd return a good (not great) 2C. From Toronto I'd not be more comfortable giving up a Bozak and a 2nd/3rd. Strictly because he seems only capable of playing 50 ish games a year (yes he played 82 last year) If he put up more points (.5 PPG ish) i think he could command more too, but for a guy who isn't a high scoring D man who doesn't play full seasons the return won't be great for Columbus

That's not enough for Murray potential. When he is healthy he shows lots of signs of being a 1D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad