Confirmed with Link: Ryan McLeod & Ty Tullio traded to Buffalo for Matthew Savoie

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
What? they got Tage Thompson for ROR, and EIchel was injured. Reinhardt was an UFA rental.

They got a player under contract and team control for 2 years. That 2 year magic number keeps coming up. They have a wave of guys that will need roster spots, so this still fits Adams MO.
Tage Thompson was not a better prospect. I'm super happy he turned things around but he was a b-level prospect.

False for Eichel. We took cap dumps for ROR, clouding the return. Reinhart, we were trading one year of control, and that's it.
Do you really think Krebs was a better prospect than Savoie?

Reactions: Asymmetric Solution

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Panarin, Reinhart, Barkov, Matthews, Marner, Nylander are high end, star players.

Thompsons 56 points was the highest among the players you listed.

Okay? What’s that have to do with Savoie being a higher-end player than any of them? You think Savoie has a higher ceiling than them?

I like Savoie, he may have been my favorite of the prospects. I still saw him as a middle six winger

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Dying to know how Kulich, who has led the Amerks in goals two years in a row as a teenager, is a clear PP1 guy who has an elite shot and fits best in a top six usage with o zone starts is a third liner…while you’ve seen enough from an undersized energy bringing two way willing junior player to say he’s top six.
I didn't say he's top 6, I think he has that kind of upside.
When it comes to Kulich I'm just not as high on him as others. I think he could be great on a third line, scoring clutch goals - but who knows?

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
How is he with puck battles and board play?

He's a beanpole and struggles against heavier defenseman as you would expect.

With his speed and acceleration, his strength is to arrive to the battle early and harass with his stick. In a minimum of 20 games played, he was actually #3 in the entire NHL in Takeaways/60.

Screenshot-2024-07-05-at-16-13-41-NHL-Stats-NHL-com.png

All of that is either by turning pucks over on the PK or on the forecheck.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
so a bottom 6 forward for our likely top 6 forward prospect....seems incredibly stupid to me if we don't make it the playoffs next year I'm cutting this team off entirely for a while.

Reactions: Asymmetric Solution

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
Can’t wait to watch McLeod average 15 points a season and get the Sabres up to top 20 in the PK while Savoie puts up 75 points a season next to Drasaitl enroute to SC Finals.

Huge Adams win. He’s cooking.
You just pointed out Savoie’s ceiling, and I’m a big fan of Savoie. Do you think Savoie is playing in the NHL this year after a pretty good D+2 and ok Memorial Cup? He needs AHL time. Everyone is so obsessed with every prospect hitting their ceiling it’s ridiculous. We’ve been waiting for potential for 13 f***ing years.

McLeod is a very good defensive C. Literally what we needed. And fans are still unhappy? Please.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Looking at it objectively... this is a bad trade. I'm not even a huge Savoie fan boy.

But..it is a position Adams put himself in.

And overall I don't care if it's a bad trade.

We got better by pushing Krebs out of the lineup.

Had to be done...even tho I preferred a top 6 guy in a Savoie package.

PatLaFontaineASMR

Jul 9, 2014
Parts Unkown
Can’t wait to watch McLeod average 15 points a season and get the Sabres up to top 20 in the PK while Savoie puts up 75 points a season next to Drasaitl enroute to SC Finals.

Huge Adams win. He’s cooking.
Can't wait to watch McLeod average 40 points a season and be a great 3C for a playoff Sabres team while Savoie is Yamamoto 2.0 & struggles against the physical play of the NHL.

Two can play that game

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I think picks are worth more than prospects and they picked a player there that made Savoie expendable.
Östlund and Savoie are pretty different. If anything Helenius is the upgraded version of Östlund. I just hoped we'd overpay for someone with a bit more bite than Mcleod.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
They got their 3C.
Oilers fan here. McLeod is much better on the wing than at center, he's good defensively so you'd think that he would work well at center but it just never materialized for him at center but maybe he's grows into it. He'll frustrate you with perimeter play but he's a very good puck carrier, is sound defensively and is good on the PK. Solid player with some sneaky good skill but his soft play will frustrate you at times.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
I think the value of prospects (and players) on the Sabres get warped by the fact the NHL product has been so bad for so long. Savoie likely doesn't develop into the same player here as he will in Edmonton. It sucks to give up good prospects for smaller gains on the NHL team, but at some point the Sabres actually need to be a good team before it matters for most of these prospects anyways.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Oilers fan here. McLeod is much better on the wing than at center, he's good defensively so you'd think that he would work well at center but it just never materialized for him at center but maybe he's grows into it. He'll frustrate you with perimeter play but he's a very good puck carrier, is sound defensively and is good on the PK. Solid player with some sneaky good skill but his soft play will frustrate you at times.
Thats really all we need from him. If he gives us more, even better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad