Line Combos: Ideal Lines Vs. Projected Lines 2024/2025

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I hope that doesn’t happen. Don’t get me wrong, I would enjoy seeing them both as soon as possible. However, breaking in two rookies into the blueline in the same year seems like asking for a rough time, especially if there are any expectations from the front office/coaches that we should be trying to be as competitive as possible.

But I am not sure that will happen. Lindstein was drafted before Jiricek, didn’t lose most of a year of development and had just had a fantastic development year. I would assume he is ahead in his NHL timeline.

I didn't suggest breaking in two rookie D at once and didn't mention Jiricek at all, Lindstein on defense and Stenberg at forward was what I said.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
I didn't suggest breaking in two rookie D at once and didn't mention Jiricek at all, Lindstein on defense and Stenberg at forward was what I said.

Last time we broke in 2 rookie D together was Eddy and Parayko. That turned out pretty good imo

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
My apologies. I misread that.

Lindstein and Stenberg makes a lot of sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: TK 421

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Last time we broke in 2 rookie D together was Eddy and Parayko. That turned out pretty good imo
For Parayko, almost certainly it has been a smooth ride since he entered. Eddy was sent down back and forth for about a season and a half before he was an NHL mainstay. Not that he wasn't good, but he had consistency issues trying to do too much.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
For Parayko, almost certainly it has been a smooth ride since he entered. Eddy was sent down back and forth for about a season and a half before he was an NHL mainstay. Not that he wasn't good, but he had consistency issues trying to do too much.
Since entering the NHL in 2015, Edmundson was only sent down one time. It was for 6 games, and then he was called back up and never saw the AHL again.

He was a pretty steady mainstay on the bottom pair almost immediately.

Then again, him and Parayko were 22 when they debuted as rookies. So they were more seasoned than Lindstein currently is.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Since entering the NHL in 2015, Edmundson was only sent down one time. It was for 6 games, and then he was called back up and never saw the AHL again.

He was a pretty steady mainstay on the bottom pair almost immediately.

Then again, him and Parayko were 22 when they debuted as rookies. So they were more seasoned than Lindstein currently is.
I guess I could've looked it up, but I thought he was sent down a few times over that year and a half. I can't find much injury history for him, or an encompassing history, but I don't know if he was injured all that much with his time with the Blues. He had the broken arm and the lower body (back?) in 2018 and 2019 respectively, but from my memory he was in and out of the lineup a bit during 15-16 and 16-17.

Update: I did a deep dive into the injuries from those first two years he started, and although he was only sent down once, I don't believe he was ever injured. Finding that information is pretty hard right now, but I didn't see a newspaper or a sports site that listed him as one of the players injured that week/month/year.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
JR's lines:

Neighbours – Thomas – Kyrou
Saad – Buchnevich – Schenn
Toropchenko – Faksa – Texier/Bolduc
Joseph – Sundqvist – Kapanen

Extras: Walker, Dean

Leddy – Parayko
Krug – Faulk
Perunovich – Kessel

Extras: Tucker, Joseph

If that's the lineup minus Bolduc, I'm hoping for a top 5 pick.

Reactions: Ranksu

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
JR's lines:

Neighbours – Thomas – Kyrou
Saad – Buchnevich – Schenn
Toropchenko – Faksa – Texier/Bolduc
Joseph – Sundqvist – Kapanen

Extras: Walker, Dean

Leddy – Parayko
Krug – Faulk
Perunovich – Kessel

Extras: Tucker, Joseph

If that's the lineup minus Bolduc, I'm hoping for a top 5 pick.

Better than last year and we picked #16. top 5 would be nice but you shouldn't hold your breath.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I do
Something else to consider.
I know the "plan" is for Lindstein to return to Sweden next year. But with the way he's looked in his recent viewings, I'm not sure that we can completely write off the possibility that he comes to training camp and outright steals a spot. He was hands down the best player at prospect camp and he was a phenom at the WJC.
I'm just saying, it may not be as unrealistic as some people think. It's not like Perunvocih, POJ and Tucker are impossible to leap on the depth chart.
I dont think he will come for training camp. His season in Sweden will have already started.

STLegend

Feb 20, 2010
Montanuh
Ideal:

Bolduc-Thomas-Kyrou
Buchnevich-Dvorsky-Neighbours
Saad-Schenn-Texier
Toropchenko-Faksa-Joseph
Kapanen/Walker
IR-Sundqvist

Projected:

Bolduc-Thomas-Kyrou
Saad-Buchnevich-Neighbours
Texier-Schenn-Joseph
Toropchenko-Faksa-Kapanen
Walker/Sylvegard
IR-Sundqvist

I think its the same D either way unless another move is made.

Leddy-Parayko
Perunovich-Faulk
Krug-Kessel
POJ

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Forwards

Bolduc-Thomas-Schenn
Neighbors-Buch-Kyrou
Saad-???-Texier
Toro-Faksa-Joseph
Kap/Walker

I'm leaving Sunny out until he proves he can actually play - this is his second major knee injury (I believe to the same knee) and he was already looking behind the play on most nights. Bolduc-Thomas-Schenn had a really solid finish to the year - I'd keep them together. Kyrou and Buch also looked pretty solid together without Thomas, I'd like to see Neighbors on their line as the guy who gets dirty and creates space. I have no clue who plays C on the third line, perhaps Dean or Dvo can snag the spot in training camp, but I'd rather we take our time with both of them - I think Dean has some serious upside offensively, but he needs more time in the AHL with the explicit goal of driving offense in a top 6 role. I guess you could move Texier (I know he's not really a Center) into that spot for now, and throw Joseph up on the 3RW spot, then move Kap into the 4RW spot. Extra becomes Walker/Alexandrov. I know Hayes was ass last year, but I still don't see why we paid a 2nd to give up a guy who was one of our only true centers - unless he was an absolute disaster from a mentor standpoint.

D

Leddy-Parayko
Suter-Faulk
Krug/Peru-Kessel

Not really sure what to do with 2LD to be honest now that we've signed Suter. I think he's probably better down the lineup but Krug is just so bad he can't be given top 4 responsibilities if we want to win consistently. Honestly finding a top pair (Not even #1, just top pair) caliber LHD who's maybe a bit more on the offensive side of things would have done wonders for us this off-season. A setup of:

1LHD-Parayko
Leddy-Faulk
Krug/Peru-Kessel
Joseph

looks.....actually reasonable?

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
IF we find a top pairing LD, that looks like a playoff lineup to me. Unfortunately, I feel like the chances of that happening this season are very, very slim.

Last edited:

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Yea I mean a
Sergachev-Parayko
Leddy-Faulk
Krug-Kessel

looks like it might actually have worked? Oh well.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
IF, we find a top pairing LD, that looks like a playoff lineup to me. Unfortunately, I feel like the chances of that happening this season are very, very slim.
I think even just a quality top 4 guy will get us there, assuming the Buch at center experiment works (I think it will). It will take a bit of luck, but I think it’s very possible we find one before the 25/26 season. Not to mention Snuggerud and Dvorsky likely being quality depth by then as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad