Blue Jackets hire Dean Evason as head coach

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
About a week and a half ago this was my sum-up of the search:
I prefer McLellan as the "safe" pick and am kind of disappointed that's not working out, but Evason also looks really really good.
So, yeah, he wasn't my first choice, but he was my I'm-perfectly-happy-with-this-alternative guy, so it's all good. :thumbu:

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
1721675143805.png

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Expecting Columbus to elevate their floor with this hire, they should compete for a playoff spot this year, but I wouldn't expect them to ever be a real threat to make a run [with Evason as the HC]

Youngguns1380

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Again the CBJ goes the cheaper option and settles for their 2nd choice. Now I expecting to hear they will retain nthe assistant coaches to make sure it is a failure and he is let go after 2years of mediocre results.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Expecting Columbus to elevate their floor with this hire, they should compete for a playoff spot this year, but I wouldn't expect them to ever be a real threat to make a run [with Evason as the HC]
I don't think any CBJ fans are expecting the team to sniff the playoffs this year. Just hopefully not be bottom-5, see development in the young players, and be moderately healthy for a change.

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017
Great choice....Always felt he was underrated and was surprised he wasn't hired sooner than he was by someone....

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Pretty good hire, to be honest.

I thought it was gonna be Loser Todd McLellan, because his name was linked to them a little bit back. And because teams who are run by incompetents (Jarmo, Dorion) sometimes make a stupid hiring (Travis Green) after said incompetents are replaced, and then it makes you wonder just how much better the new people in charge really are.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad