Confirmed with Link: Ryan McLeod & Ty Tullio traded to Buffalo for Matthew Savoie

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
Can’t wait to ship Kulich and Ostlund plus a 1st for a soft and oft Injured Ehlers to really ignite rebuild 5 by end of 25.

Edit. Would probably need to add Byram to that at Adams currently price rate.
Can’t wait to read the 5 or so delusional people on this sabres board saying it’s an amazing trade to.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
This is a tough one to swallow for me because Savoie was my favorite prospect since we drafted him and I still think he has a Point-esque ceiling.

But I recognize we dealt from a surplus to improve a weakness, and for that I commend Kev. I hope this deal works out for everyone.

Curious to see how Krebs fits in. I wonder if there’s another move coming (maybe something like Krebs+Rosen for Farabee?).
This post is what I think. Not happy to lose Savoie, would’ve rather moved Rosen, but I get it.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Can’t wait to read the 5 or so delusional people on this sabres board saying it’s an amazing trade to.
it's a roster building trade that yes, in a vacuum is an overpay. Calling Savoie the 'top' prospect is debateable. He's most likely a W, JJP, Quinn, Benson all ahead of him and likely locked in, Kulich, Rosen, Wahlberg etc still to come and add in Helenius & Ostlund. Might as well trade the small guy with durability issues to fill a major need. Add another SPEED player.

Do something KevYn!!!

GareFan18

Jan 10, 2014
Kansas City
I like this trade.
The Sabres don't need another small-ish forward. Savoie has skill, but he's 5'9". We have that guy already -- Zach Benson. Heck, considering Rousak, Kulich, Rosen, Ostlund are all under 6', deal from a position of strength (small, quick forwards) to get a position of need - size. McLeod is 6'3" and his analytics are all good. Aside from McDavid, RN-H, and Hyman, he was one of their best Corsi For forwards. He had a higher percentage of DZone starts than all of them.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
Despite whether you think this is a good/fair deal or not.

I'm sure the "MAKE A TRADE" guy at the development camp is probably now screaming, "NO! NOT THAT!"

I find that thought amusing to say the least.

Sucks that Savioe was shopped. But with Benson, Ostland, and others in a crowded prospect pool. We needed to slim it down for some thing that's NHL ready.

This seems like a potential quality for established quantity type move.

And hey, maybe Mcleod's goal song can be...

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
It’s not that McLeod is bad he just isn’t good. Ask yourselves why a contender would move him for a prospect.the guy is just there filling a spot. Was gonna be 4th liner this year

Reactions: VaporTrail

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Not bad

GRwBOODasAAXUk4.jpg

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Don't think the value is really there for Buffalo here, but fwiw Mcleod has always been good pretty much every time I watched Edmonton the last couple years. He's very, very fast and plays a simple responsible game. Just kinda soft.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
it's a roster building trade that yes, in a vacuum is an overpay. Calling Savoie the 'top' prospect is debateable. He's most likely a W, JJP, Quinn, Benson all ahead of him and likely locked in, Kulich, Rosen, Wahlberg etc still to come and add in Helenius & Ostlund. Might as well trade the small guy with durability issues to fill a major need. Add another SPEED player.

Do something KevYn!!!
Yup. People should read Chad's tweet from earlier in the thread: people don't value Savoie nearly as much as our other prospects or people on this forum.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
So the Oilers spend more cap to replace this guy with Adam Henrique, and are probably looking to move him and we give up a top prospect for him? I'm kind of thinking KA blinked here. I doubt another team was offering a similar package, and the Oilers wanted to get rid of this guy.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Despite whether you think this is a good/fair deal or not.

I'm sure the "MAKE A TRADE" guy at the development camp is probably now screaming, "NO! NOT THAT!"

I find that thought amusing to say the least.

Sucks that Savioe was shopped. But with Benson, Ostland, and others in a crowded prospect pool. We needed to slim it down for some thing that's NHL ready.

This seems like a potential quality for established quantity type move.

And hey, maybe Mcleod's goal song can be...

I was the captain of the make a trade crowd.

I’ve been over here trying to put out fires and discuss the positives since it dropped

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad