Confirmed with Link: Ryan McLeod & Ty Tullio traded to Buffalo for Matthew Savoie

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I don’t understand people being angry about this. They got a good 3C. Matt was my favorite prospect and I think this is fair value.

I think it's a bit of an overpay from our side. I'm not sure that a very good but non-elite 3rd liner is worth a top prospect.

THAT SAID.....I'm not angry about the move one bit.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I like McLeod. I really liked Matty as a prospect, but Adams had to make a move to give Lindy a playoff chance. Now make Krebs+ for Ehlers or someone like that.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I think it's a bit of an overpay from our side. I'm not sure that a very good but non-elite 3rd liner is worth a top prospect.

If they’re actually trying to fill out the NHL roster, they needed to do something. In another thread, I had even said I would trade for McLeod with the savers first rounder next year top 15 protected. This is fine. Love maths offensive game and I fully expect to see him, lighting up the NHL on right wing in Edmonton very soon.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I don’t understand people being angry about this. They got a good 3C. Matt was my favorite prospect and I think this is fair value.
Imagining him with Benson and Greenway. SHUTDOWN line, then pir PITA 4th line to really rub salt in the wound. We just got a lot better. Winning hockey games >>>> winning trades. Young 3Cs who are good defensively are not easy to come by.

Now let's flip Krebs+++ for a solid top-4 D, and I may just give Adams an A+ this offseason. Thank goodness he hired Ruff. His fingerprints are all over these moves.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018

That's how the market works, Adams has painted himself into a corner sitting on all these prospects and he's never been the one to dictate the terms of the deal. He has to overpay. But I like McLeod, I think he can be a good and responsible defensive 3C scoring 30-40 points.

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
Happy with this. The price is steep, but we needed a 3c and this is someone who could fit there for a long time. A bit of a desparation move, but not one im going to kill Adams for at this point. Glad he got something done finally.

Analytics all look good, so at the very least there is promise.

What Savoie does with the Oilers is irrelevant to me.

Reactions: Ehran

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Only makes sense if Krebs is in a package for a top 6 forward?

It's actually a decent move....but it requires another move.

Does Krebs even have much value? I think there is a 50% chance he clears if he gets waived sometime this year.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
If they’re actually trying to fill out the NHL roster, they needed to do something. In another thread, I had even said I would trade for McLeod with the savers first rounder next year top 15 protected. This is fine. Love maths offensive game and I fully expect to see him, lighting up the NHL on right wing in Edmonton very soon.
Key word is Edmonton. Move him out west so he can only kill us if we make the cup, haha.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
I am a bit concerned reading some Edmonton fans call McLeod pretty soft.

But, if paired with some combo of Zucker/Benson/Greenway......I think it can be mitigated some.

He takes tons of chances away and causes giveaways with his speed a lot. But it gets really frustrating watching him turn down hits on the forechecks, especially when he is the first guy down there most of the time. You will def need to pair him with some physical big boys to have an effective checking line.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
An overpay for sure, but he filled a need that wasn't available via the open market.

And McLeod is signed reasonable with team control next year.

I'll give this one a B+

If he goes out and gets an actual top 6 winger and upgrades Jokiharju i might be nice to him the rest of the summer.

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad