Confirmed with Link: Ryan McLeod & Ty Tullio traded to Buffalo for Matthew Savoie

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
FWIW I'm on record before the draft saying this year's pick should be more valuable thsn one of our top prospects.

Turned out that prospect was Savoie...

Same.

I've also been including Savoie in most of my trade ideas ever since we drafted Benson. Benson was the best player on the ice every night that I watched those two, and when we drafted Benny then Savoie became expendable to me.

For the record, now that we drafted Helenius, Ostlund is the next redundant prospect that I'll be including in trade ideas.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Same.

I've also been including Savoie in most of my trade ideas ever since we drafted Benson. Benson was the best player on the ice every night that I watched those two, and when we drafted Benny then Savoie became expendable to me.

For the record, now that we drafted Helenius, Ostlund is the next redundant prospect that I'll be including in trade ideas.
I am of the opinion that black and white views like that aren't a good idea. There is 0 evidence Konsta or Ostlund amount to anything but Ostlund is close to showing what he is worth and getting a look up top. Don't forget Ostlund is Eichel's draft pick.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
I am of the opinion that black and white views like that aren't a good idea. There is 0 evidence Konsta or Ostlund amount to anything but Ostlund is close to showing what he is worth and getting a look up top. Don't forget Ostlund is Eichel's draft pick.

What's black and white?

I think all of these prospects are very good, and I'm not looking to get rid of anyone for shits and giggles. All I'm saying is this: if I'm making a trade to improve the NHL roster, I have a preference of prospects I'd be more willing to part with than others.

And you're right, no prospect is guaranteed to become anything. This is based on my viewings of them in their respective peer groups, their strengths and weaknesses, and where I see them fitting into the long term roster construction. Right now I have Kulich and Helenius at the top of rankings and I'm struggling to see how Ostlund fits in long term.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
What's black and white?

I think all of these prospects are very good, and I'm not looking to get rid of anyone for shits and giggles. All I'm saying is this: if I'm making a trade to improve the NHL roster, I have a preference of prospects I'd be more willing to part with than others.

And you're right, no prospect is guaranteed to become anything. This is based on my viewings of them in their respective peer groups, their strengths and weaknesses, and where I see them fitting into the long term roster construction. Right now I have Kulich and Helenius at the top of rankings and I'm struggling to see how Ostlund fits in long term.
That Helenius is/will be better than Ostlund but your third paragraph explains everything lol.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Yup, but you'd hope that would've lowered his value a bit. Adams paid a hefty price, but very few teams are going to destroy their center spine for an unknown player. EDM is just one of the few teams who has tge center spine to trade a player like that.

It does appear the McLeod has the skillset to hold down our 3C spot for the foreseeable future while also being a swiss army knife player who can play top-6 mins in a pinch. That speed and two-way play is an intriguing combo, so it makes sense why Adams targeted him. I just wish the cost wasn't Savoie, but we dealt from an area of surplus.
I see him as our new jochen hecht in all honesty if lindy could get him to go harder on the boards that's a great top 9 player 3c/top 6 defensive wing with speed

Reactions: elchud

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
You aren't a complete player in your teens. That might just mean Benson had reached his potential earlier. It's not like he all of a sudden will develop blazing speed and a Kulich level shot. What is the upside in Benson? His overall game already looks mature, but I don't see more than 15-20 goals in him. Is that enough on a second line wing? His playmaking ability is naturally going to suffer on the wing with less space and freedom, and he doesn't have the speed to create his space, and no length to protect the puck, or size. It's fine if you all like Benson better, he may be, but I don't see anyone in this organization with ppg potential anymore.
I would say Benson has an iq on a whole other level than savoie. While savoie was faster with a better shot Benson was better every where else. He has 70+ point potential his hands, decision making, compete/motor, vision/passing and creativity are all plus his skating, conditioning, strength and balance will all improve as he gets older and those positive traits that were evident will become more pronounced also his ability away from the puck will also translate to offense.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
What beauty Mcleod is gonna be for the Sabres.

Also, didn’t realize Biron was a Sabres Podcaster? How do Sabres fans feel about him. I hate him and think he’s a fraud.

Marty Biron is on the Sabres daily radio show, and does the pre-game and post-game on the broadcasts along with the between periods stuff. He's also filled in on color and is an upgrade on Rob Ray.

I don't want to speak for everyone but I believe most of us love him. We loved him as a player, and he's funny and pretty informative. He obviously loves to talk.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Also, didn’t realize Biron was a Sabres Podcaster? How do Sabres fans feel about him. I hate him and think he’s a fraud.

Marty also does intermission analysis on our broadcasts (MSG).

I think many/most Buffalo fans respect his analysis. Can be a little mouth-piecey for the franchise at times......but by and large is a solid analyst.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Marty Biron is on the Sabres daily radio show, and does the pre-game and post-game on the broadcasts along with the between periods stuff. He's also filled in on color and is an upgrade on Rob Ray.

I don't want to speak for everyone but I believe most of us love him. We loved him as a player, and he's funny and pretty informative. He obviously loves to talk.

Marty also does intermission analysis on our broadcasts (MSG).

I think many/most Buffalo fans respect his analysis. Can be a little mouth-piecey for the franchise at times......but by and large is a solid analyst.
I enjoy his personality in general and he seems like a good guy. But when he opens his mouth and pretends to be an expert on the Oilers, it's so obvious he's just talking about of his ass.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Is there a thread where we’re down to trade him with our first before the trade?

I can’t seem to find it. I might just not be searching properly though.

This is all I see: Value of: - Ryan McLeod

Thread from this season where it seems like people think his value is near 0.

As far as narrative shifting though…View attachment 893548
To be fair we have revamped the bottom 6 with motor and tenacity also cozens is still a high compete player as well and we also just drafted helenius who projects well on all areas. In all honesty the team we have is built for a high energy game we got a decent bit of nastiness sprinkled through the forwards and d core

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Don't know why the Sabres didn't bring him to Buffalo for the full pulling-the-jersey-on-and-meet-the-media treatment. Might have been a more enthusiastic response from a guy obviously still coming to grips with the trade.

Oh well. At least on Zoom calls we get to hear the questions.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
What beauty Mcleod is gonna be for the Sabres.

I got a cameo from him for my Birthday he is such a nice genuine person.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad