Recalled/Assigned: Ryan Hartman up from Rockford (11/5 upd: Sent back down)

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I've liked Tik a lot on the top line tbh. The goals will come for that line. Third line is my concern. Not overly concerned about any line Kruger is centering in the long-run. Would be nice if Dano can start performing well in Rockford and play LW and let Kero center with TT at RW.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
He has been playing just fine.

I know. Just enough to force the Hawks hand to feel comfortable that he can come up and stay for good. That's clearly the idea here with Dano and his development. He's next up in line if Hartman/Kero don't perform enough to stay for more than a cup of coffee.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
not that I would not want to see that 3rd line but IMO there is no way that Q will play a kid line like that........

in all honesty I think its time for Hossa to take on a different role and I said that in the offseason. He should be the glue that makes up the 3rd line for the remainder of his contract.......

I definitely don't completely disagree with you. But we need a RW that can play Toews's though first

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
It would be surprising if we don't see Dano at some point this season. He'll get his chance eventually. Too much talent

I don't think he'd go back to Rockford once he's up, and will contribute in the postseason like Teuvo last year.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Whatever we do,we are 29th in Even Strength goals ...with just 12 in 10GP....that does not cut it
..Montreal has 29 ES goals to top the league (they have played 11 games)...Surely Q cannot attribute their success to disruption/greasy goals....Maybe they just skate better ...get to better shot positions, and beat goalies with their shots? Are they scoring goals off the rush with shots from the rusher, 2 ones, converting break-aaways, 2 on 1s, drop pass back to trailer a shot and a goal? PROBABLY all of those done far better than us
..I doubt they are that " greasy" with screens,deflection at the crease and crease scrum goals as Q insinuates is our problem...it would be very intesting for someone to break down their ES success in scoring to separate artistic goals from greasy goals to see if Q is correct in calling for more grease to cure our woes or if the problem is on the artistic side of the ledger and then we might know which style needs fixing to emulate the clear success Montreal is having putting pucks into the net in ES.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
Why would you break Panarin and Kane up?

Kane has shown in the past the ability to produce with pretty much anyone he is lined up with. Panarin might be able to spark the first line.

Worst case you just move them back together but they need to do something to try to spark the team offensively.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Kane has shown in the past the ability to produce with pretty much anyone he is lined up with. Panarin might be able to spark the first line.

Worst case you just move them back together but they need to do something to try to spark the team offensively.

If you do that they you can slot TT with Kane and AA and that will line will do just fine. Kane and TT showed some promise in the playoffs. Kane and AA will be in more of a shooter role and that is fine.

Panarin san play the north south game just fine so it could work.

Ice Level:
72-19-81
86-15-88
Dano-67-65
11-16-14/28

Rafters:

Plane to fishing lake with pitbulls:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Why break them apart? Well, they can't be in a bigger scoring funk than right now, so might as well try something.

You can do it because Kane has proven he could score with anyone.

Could you imagine if he consistently had the talent around him? 100 points

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I don't disagree that Tikhonov has no business on the top line. I just think Panarin and Kane need to stay together. Plus Panarin's probably better off with another Russian on his line, for communication purposes. At least until he learns English better.

They do need a better top wing LW though. Call up Dano?

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Panarin and Kane have zero ES goals in the last 240mins. I see zero harm in breaking them up 5 on 5. The Russian thing is a good point.

Could go,

TT Toews Kane
Panarin AA Hossa

instead

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Panarin and Kane have zero ES goals in the last 240mins. I see zero harm in breaking them up 5 on 5. The Russian thing is a good point.

Could go,

TT Toews Kane
Panarin AA Hossa

instead

Toews and Hossa should stay together for now because of the defensive abilities.

I want to see an OT where we have possesion with TT-Kane-Panarin on the ice.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

I noticed Q did have 72 on the first line briefly last evening. From my observations Panarin continues to look for Kane and sometimes tries to force the puck to him at inopportune times. I honestly think it would be good for all involved to split the two players up and see where it goes.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I noticed Q did have 72 on the first line briefly last evening. From my observations Panarin continues to look for Kane and sometimes tries to force the puck to him at inopportune times. I honestly think it would be good for all involved to split the two players up and see where it goes.

I agree. I think Panarin out scores Saad playing on that line.

Do you think the Wild will skate the Stanley Cup around tonight if they beat the Hawks? (almost joking)

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Toews and Hossa should stay together for now because of the defensive abilities.

I want to see an OT where we have possesion with TT-Kane-Panarin on the ice.

Personally, I don't think having the 2 Russians split up is a big deal, but I'm not Panarin who can't speak. What does he have to say on the ice though. HEY, OPEN, OVER HERE, TAZER. They don't need to have a conversation in English while playing.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
Personally, I don't think having the 2 Russians split up is a big deal, but I'm not Panarin who can't speak. What does he have to say on the ice though. HEY, OPEN, OVER HERE, TAZER. They don't need to have a conversation in English while playing.

I agree. The fact that Kane and Panarin play so well together leads me to believe the language issue isn't really much of an issue at all.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
If you do that they you can slot TT with Kane and AA and that will line will do just fine. Kane and TT showed some promise in the playoffs. Kane and AA will be in more of a shooter role and that is fine.

Ice Level:
72-19-81
86-15-88
Dano-67-65
11-16-14/28

Rafters:

Plane to fishing lake with pitbulls:

Ice Level:
72-19-81
86-15-88
Dano-67-65
11-16-14/28

I love that lineup. 72 has enough grit to play there, for sure. 67 was more than fine last night. Great pass to Hossa who can't buy one right now. Maybe by game 50 we are at that lineup.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
I don't understand why we keep calling up everyone else except the main guy in the Saad trade who had 21 points in 35 games in the NHL, not the AHL. I am wondering now if Q dislikes Dano for some unknown reason.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I don't understand why we keep calling up everyone else except the main guy in the Saad trade who had 21 points in 35 games in the NHL, not the AHL. I am wondering now if Q dislikes Dano for some unknown reason.

Same reason why TT was in the AHL for most of the season last year, while guys like Carcillo, Nordstrom, and Morin were up.

ModryJazyk

Go Hawks !
Feb 22, 2010
Bratislava
Why would you break Panarin and Kane up?

He meant temporary move imo.
Panarin and Kane line won't get Hawks to playoffs alone, there needs to be something done to wake-up 1st line.Bickell, Tichonov, Garbutt, etc can't do it, Panarin has a good chance, they could start scoring with him and get back lost confidence.

ModryJazyk

Go Hawks !
Feb 22, 2010
Bratislava

Q to Dano :

60319834.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad