Recalled/Assigned: Ryan Hartman up from Rockford (11/5 upd: Sent back down)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

thesaadfather

Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
TT wasn't great with Toews and Hossa, so I'd like to see this:
Hartman-Toews-Hossa
Panarin-Arty-Kane
Tikhonov-Kero-TT
Desi-Kruger-Shaw

3rd line is young and would probably never happen, but I can dream can't I?

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
And that reason was?

Should be obvious. They didn't think he was ready and didn't want to harm his development. The same thing now applies to Dano. Spending some time in Rockford gives them time to learn what the Hawks want from them without any pressure and puts them in a more likely position to succeed.

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
If Hartman is in for Tikanov on the 1st line ... the revolving door continues

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Should be obvious. They didn't think he was ready and didn't want to harm his development. The same thing now applies to Dano. Spending some time in Rockford gives them time to learn what the Hawks want from them without any pressure and puts them in a more likely position to succeed.

Dano is the one guy who has had some NHL success. He was a key to the Saad trade. 21 points in 35 games is what, a 47 point pace? Did anyone think he would not start the season in the NHL with his 21 points in 35 games last year? Hinostrova/Kero/Hartman are ready for a shot but a guy who has done something in the NHL isn't? I do not get it. To me there might be a Q issue with Dano, same as we have seen with a few other guys.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
Dano is the one guy who has had some NHL success. He was a key to the Saad trade. 21 points in 35 games is what, a 47 point pace? Did anyone think he would not start the season in the NHL with his 21 points in 35 games last year? Hinostrova/Kero/Hartman are ready for a shot but a guy who has done something in the NHL isn't? I do not get it. To me there might be a Q issue with Dano, same as we have seen with a few other guys.

I see it as the TT treatment. Leave him down until he's more developed, without taking a chance at shattering his confidence. Call him up when he understands the system better and will thrive. Don't risk multiple years of failure to call a kid up 20 games early.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012

When you're not reaching for alternative answers or instead take what Dano blatantly responded to in questions in video, like on the icehogs site or what Q has said it's not unclear at all. While on the other hand, those other 3 people have had more time to know what the Hawks want out of them having camps before and more time from the end of last season with Kero.

They've talked about Dano's skating hard and being in his spots on the ice and controlling the puck.

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
Did he come up last season. I'm drawing a blank.

Zubrus remembers.

463398504-the-chicago-blackhawks-ryan-hartman-checks-gettyimages.jpg

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Plus they still have 12 forwards without Hossa

They'd probably bring an extra forward to NJ if Hossa isn't ready, but I'm guessing he is.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
My guess is Q moves Garbutt down to the 3rd line in place of Hartman. Hossa back on top line with Toews and Panarin. I thought Hartman was pretty good with the kiddie line, don't know why people were moaning. He made some mistakes but was hustling and skating hard, being physical. He made a great play last night leading to the Dano goal.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
My guess is Q moves Garbutt down to the 3rd line in place of Hartman. Hossa back on top line with Toews and Panarin. I thought Hartman was pretty good with the kiddie line, don't know why people were moaning. He made some mistakes but was hustling and skating hard, being physical. He made a great play last night leading to the Dano goal.

Of course he also made some poor plays defensively and whiffed on wide open net

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Of course he also made some poor plays defensively and whiffed on wide open net

Plenty of those type of mistakes by our vets. Hartman has played what, less than 10 NHL games? He has an energy and aggressiveness to him, I think he is a definite keeper. Would of had no issues with that kiddie line staying together and growing, there is potential there.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Nope just pointing out for all the "Good" we see there is plenty that still needs improvement

Getting sent back to AHL at this point is not unreasonable given what we have seen from him in brief call up

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Last night was the first game I thought Hartman had a positive impact (forecheck that lead to Dano goal), but he still needs a lot of work. No problem sending him down. I'd rather see Tik at this point.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I'm not sure Kero *is* going down anymore.

He's been good but I wouldn't be surprised if he's down in a month. Kids are going to have their ups and downs and Q and the Hawks have the luxury of having a lot of options on the 3rd/4th line if someone isn't getting it done.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Nope just pointing out for all the "Good" we see there is plenty that still needs improvement

Getting sent back to AHL at this point is not unreasonable given what we have seen from him in brief call up

I agree he belongs in Rockford right now. But you keep bringing up that whiff like it actually means something regarding his development.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad