RW Terik Parascak - Prince George Cougars, WHL (2024, 17th, WSH)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Because his skating is really, really bad.

Andrew Cristall was a bad skater in his draft year, but looks like a Hughes brother when compared to this kid.
I've watched him quite a bit, and don't agree with you. He looks like an average skater, to me, and it's pretty easy to project that he can improve his speed and quickness once he fills out his lanky frame.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Cristall and now Parascak? Washington is swinging hard for the fences. The odds of both hitting their potential and making the adaptations they need to succeed at the NHL level aren’t that great, but that’s some crazy potential there.

I'm guessing their WHL scout is highly regarded in their org. They need a defenseman than another winger.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Because his skating is really, really bad.

Andrew Cristall was a bad skater in his draft year, but looks like a Hughes brother when compared to this kid.
Ironically the Capitals took another bad skater to add to Cristall and I really doubt that any NHL top 6 could have 2 guys that skate like they do but they certainly have other skills.

It's an interesting pick but I would have taken 4 or 5 forwards here over him at 17, time will tell.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
How many have made it as regular NHLers? How many are impact guys?
Too early to tell for most of the recent picks (past 3 drafts I'd say). Beyond that... it's only Aliaksei Protas and Beck Malenstyn who are for sure NHLers - Malenstyn as a 4th liner and Protas as a middle-6er. Alex Alexeyev and Brett Leason are both in the NHL, but I don't know if they're actually NHLers, if you get me. And Leason isn't even with the Capitals anymore. And a few hours after this post - neither is Malenstyn!

So it hasn't exactly been a goldmine. But Cristall/Parascak are both by far the most skilled talents they've taken from the WHL, so it's almost an apples/oranges type of thing.

Last edited:

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Too early to tell for most of the recent picks (past 3 drafts I'd say). Beyond that... it's only Aliaksei Protas and Beck Malenstyn who are for sure NHLers - Malenstyn as a 4th liner and Protas as a middle-6er. Alex Alexeyev and Brett Leason are both in the NHL, but I don't know if they're actually NHLers, if you get me. And Leason isn't even with the Capitals anymore.

So it hasn't exactly been a goldmine. But Cristall/Parascak are both by far the most skilled talents they've taken from the WHL, so it's almost an apples/oranges type of thing.

But they also have the kind of problem that can be the difference between becoming an everyday nhler and just a good minor leaguer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad