GDT: 2024 Free agency frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Palat 2.0

Marchessault is a much better player than Palat ever was offensively and Palat is actually younger. The problem with this contract is that you're giving 6 years to a 33-year-old who'll be 34 before the mid-way point of the season.

Crazy to think NJD isn't even really saving on AAV while paying a guy until he's 40. You'd have thought on a 6-year deal they could have gotten the AAV to around 7M. Structuring the contract to give him 10M the first three years and then 5M the last three brings the AAV to 7.5M.

Reactions: Pez68

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
It’s absolutely stupid that the hawks can’t throw five million for two years towards Kane with their cap space.

They're doing it for a specific reason and they're sticking to it. Whether you believe the reason or agree with it, it is what it is.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
If CHI is adding Martinez, I think Korchinski starts the year in Rockford. EDM/Kaiser will start on the third pair.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Speaking of Brandon Bolig, the 4th line in 2014 was on the ice for that ot goal, but maybe he wasn't actually.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Wow Martinez would be great.

Has he ever played the right side?

Flip him at the deadline to a contender and get another pick out of it too.

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
if they end up getting everyone they're attached too, they might actually not get completely murdered every game. i said a few days ago i wouldn't like that, but i am starting to come around to the idea that i was coping very hard.

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
Wow Martinez would be great.

Has he ever played the right side?
That is a great question as I would be way more happier with the equivalent of Martinez (old guy in his twilight) as a RHD....someone that can fill the 3rd pairing role and play half the season middle pairing when Murphy is hurt or finish out the season in the middle pair if Murphy is healthy at the TDL for once and we move him. I would have rather had the equivalent of Martinesz ad a RHD and let the LHD kids pair up with a good vet....but maybe there is a RHD somewhere in the mix today too.

Reactions: Muffinalt

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Bertuzzi-Bedard-Tuevo
Hall-Nazar-Kurashev
Reichel-Dickinson-Mikheyev
Foligno-Donato-Anthanasiou
Anderson

Vlasic-Jones
Korchinski-Murphy
Del Mastro-Martinez
Phillips