RW Nikita Korostelev - Metallurg Magnitogorsk, KHL (2015, 185th, TOR unsigned)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
does anyone watch the Petes or Sarnia regularly? Every time I see a highlight of this guy I come away impressed, but his production seems to be only ok, does he disappear for long stretches?

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Was a big fan of his in Sarnia. Haven't seen much of him this year but felt he should've been taken higher. He leaves me wanting more a lot but I think he has some good potential, not a game breaker but could be an NHLer.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Wow... I think any other NHL team would have had the room to sign a prospect like him, I am surprise no one tried trading a conditional 7th for his rights, he certainly deserves an entry-level deal, very skilled player.

Last edited:

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I'm guessing whatever caused him to fall to the 7th round also probably played a part in him not getting a contract.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
He put up very respectful numbers and definitely has a tonne of skill.

Issue is, he hasn't really put it all together just yet and the Leafs have A LOT of winger prospects.

I could see a team with a weaker prospect pool signing him to an ELC and reaping the rewards of it in a few years (Kings, Rangers).

Flynn84

Apr 27, 2006
He's not the Leafs property now so some Leafs now will be saying he's a bad player. For the last two years he was considered a major steal :).

TMLeafs18

Aug 7, 2015
Canada
Saw this guy live a couple of times still hope the leafs sign him and take a chance. I don't think his skating is as bad as some say and he has crazy amounts of skill. If he can raise his compete level he could be solid. I also like his size.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Avto own his rights but he hasn't played in Russia for like 6 years what's he going to do, overage year? He still can barely dominate the OHL for all his flashy highlights he still is only just above a ppg as a 20 year old and has not put it together. He should be 1.3-1.5 ppg imo, maybe his skating is bad but I've seen bad skaters with great junior production.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
He's not the Leafs property now so some Leafs now will be saying he's a bad player. For the last two years he was considered a major steal :).

Sure, whatever you say. Do you know a thing about him? Didn't think so. He was a longshot when drafted and he's a longshot now. Get off your high horse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad