RW Michael Brandsegg-Nygard - Mora IK J20, J20 Nationell (2024, 15th, DET)

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
I understand saying that Kasper and MBN are the same player. But Danielson is a completely different animal.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I understand saying that Kasper and MBN are the same player. But Danielson is a completely different animal.
Even if you think Kasper & MBN are similar (they're not), the simple fact that they play different positions and have different handedness should be enough that people understand that they might fit in different places in a lineup.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
Even if you think Kasper & MBN are similar (they're not), the simple fact that they play different positions and have different handedness should be enough that people understand that they might fit in different places in a lineup.
A) its not a bad thing that the players are similar

B) systems are so fluid nowadays where a player plays on paper doesnt mean much.

C) only big difference between the two is MBN has the better shot, Kasper is the better skater.

But they're both two way forwards that play a heavy game and like to get under there opponents skin. They're both good at caring the puck through the neutral zone, both around 6'1 200-210 pounds. Good penalty killers, play net front on the pp though MBN can play on the half boards and has the shot to play the bumper role.

They seem pretty similar to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: wings95

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
A) its not a bad thing that the players are similar

B) systems are so fluid nowadays where a player plays on paper doesnt mean much.

C) only big difference between the two is MBN has the better shot, Kasper is the better skater.

But they're both two way forwards that play a heavy game and like to get under there opponents skin. They're both good at carrier the puck through the neutral zone, both around 6'1 200-210 pounds. Good penalty killers, play net front on the pp though MBN can play on the half boards and has the shot to play the bumper role.

They seem pretty similar to me.
I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but I think you're tripping if you don't think that's what some of the talking heads are implying.

Personally I just think it's lazy analysis by people who don't watch the players. They are similar in the same way that Demidov and Michkov are the same player, or Solberg, Reinbacher and Seider are the same player.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but I think you're tripping if you don't think that's what some of the talking heads are implying.

Personally I just think it's lazy analysis by people who don't watch the players. They are similar in the same way that Demidov and Michkov are the same player, or Solberg, Reinbacher and Seider are the same player.
how is it lazy when it's kinda of true.

And the 2nd part of your post is a strawman argument.

Please can somebody breakdown why they arent similar. Being different handedness isnt sufficient enough of a distinction.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Kasper and MBN are gonna be annoying as hell to go up against.

Who cares of those two and Danielson share a lot of traits. They are winning traits.

"Their last 3 picks are the same" isnt a bad thing when the things they share are exactly what makes a team resilient come playoff time.

I dont think theyre really the same at all though. Danielson is a big time set up guy, MBN is a triggerman and Kasper is a puck transporter that is kin of a balance between the 2. They share the traits that theyre hard to play against and good defensively, but their bread and butter on offense is different in all 3 of them.

Even if MBN or Kasper dont pan out as high end players, theyre still the types that are going to do everything they can to put the other teams number one dman through the glass every chance they get. Thats a trait that will work come playoff time all the time

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
That has potential to be the best 3rd line in the league.
The wings are building a team that will roll 3 scoring lines. I highly doubt there will be any distinction between the 2nd and 3rd line.
If they sign somebody like Stamkos this summer, here’s what I see in 2-3 years.

Raymond-Larkin-Stamkos 17min
Debrincat-Danielson-Compher 16min
MBN-Kasper-Mazur 16min
Rasmussen-Copp-UFA 11min

• Haha
Reactions: DougBodger

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
The wings are building a team that will roll 3 scoring lines. I highly doubt there will be any distinction between the 2nd and 3rd line.

MBN-Kasper-Mazur 16min
Rasmussen-Copp-UFA 11min

(F) Jesse Kiiskinen (RW)

EDIT:

Or trade for Rutger McGroatry. :P

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

MBN-Kasper-Mazur 16min
Rasmussen-Copp-UFA 11min

That third line could be the best line on that team.

Reactions: RedHawkDown

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Wings going for that big tough asshole team they had two seasons ago but now with more skill.
Its become pretty obvious thats what Yzerman and Draper are trying to do. One 4th overall pick and everything else being lower, I think they've realised theyre not going to win by outskilling other teams. They might be able to bully some though.

Every highish pick theyve had has been someone that is hard to play against, theyre going to be fun to watch

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Meghan Chayka mentioned during the draft that Yzerman wouldn’t dare pick an American in the first round. What was that about? Was she speaking out of turn or is Yzerman xenophobic?

• Wow
Reactions: Hockeyfrilla

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Meghan Chayka mentioned during the draft that Yzerman wouldn’t dare pick an American in the first round. What was that about? Was she speaking out of turn or is Yzerman xenophobic?
The espn coverage was dumb. Buccigross was chanting about them missing playoffs again when they didnt draft an American. They all wanted him to pick Eiserman.

Anyone with a brain knew Eiserman wasnt an Yzerman style pick and MBN is. He just threw a bunch of money and picks at Larkin and Debrincat to play on his top line for the next half decade as well as naming Larkin captain early in is tenure in Detroit and signing plenty of Americans.. Yzerman doesnt have any issues with American players, its a super weird thing for her to say

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00